Medicals soon - query

Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:19 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Medicals soon - query

Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone had their fasting bloods done before their medical at their own doctors?

My BMI is under 35 but my waist is just over 35" I am trying all sorts to loose an inch or so any recommendations?

I have three weeks before my medical

regards

Niki

Last edited by Beetrooper; Oct 18th 2008 at 9:21 am. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 18th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals soon - query

All blood tests must be done by panel docs so if you think you may need fasting bloods done call them and check when you should fast from. If you need them done this will save you another trip at a later date. Only advise I have is try to cut down on alcohol if you partake;drink plenty of water each day ; try to cut out the snacks after 7pm and try to do some extra exercise if you can between now and then. Walking at a fast pace for 45 mins 3 times a week is a good way to exercise but obviously this all depends on your present state of health. You could go to GP or practice nurse for some advise too. Good luck for the medical.

Phyllis x
Old Oct 18th 2008, 3:54 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by weejie View Post
All blood tests must be done by panel docs so if you think you may need fasting bloods done call them and check when you should fast from. If you need them done this will save you another trip at a later date. Only advise I have is try to cut down on alcohol if you partake;drink plenty of water each day ; try to cut out the snacks after 7pm and try to do some extra exercise if you can between now and then. Walking at a fast pace for 45 mins 3 times a week is a good way to exercise but obviously this all depends on your present state of health. You could go to GP or practice nurse for some advise too. Good luck for the medical.

Phyllis x

Hi Phyllis,

Many thanks for your reply much appreciated,

I am in very good health and exercise approx an hour a day doing high and low impact aerobics and I don't drink.

Unfortunately thanks to my genes I have always been the footballers legs and no waist due to being sporty all my life.

Hay ho, I will ring the docs and find out when to fast from

Cheers

Niki
Old Oct 21st 2008, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Lambz is an unknown quantity at this point

As a general rule, if having fasting bloods done, then you need to fast for at least six hours prior to test, say for example, if having the tests in the morning, then you need to fast from midnight the night before and so on, you will be fine , you can sip water, no flavourings, your body cannot be in the process of digesting anything, you can also have tea, no milk or sugar though.
The panel doctor will give you advice though, so do remember to ask them.
Good luck