Medicals question

Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice
Question Medicals question

Hi
My husband doesn't have a GP. Hasn't had one since he was 16. (He hasn't needed one thankfully, and there's always A&E!)

Would you advise that he registers with one now before we have our medicals? I'd hate to turn up for our appointments and have to do them again because of this reason.
Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:30 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals question

you have to used an approved medical assessor for the medicals so really no reason to just sign up for an GP for that reason.
On a day to day getting registered with a GP I would thought would be something he should do anyway just for peace of mind
Old Apr 21st 2012, 4:34 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look on the NZIS website-they have a list of approved Panel doctors which you have to use. Phone round to compare costs as they can vary quite a lot. You need to have a medical, chest XRay and blood/urine tests.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

Thanks all. He's been in the UK 12 years and not needed a GP as we have other good alternatives that suit better, like walk in centres and A&E. It would be a pain to register just for this especially if it's unnecessary.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:39 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

It is irrelevant as far as I can tell, he doesnt have a medical history by definition so the only possible complication will be if something shows up in his medical that needs referring to his GP - but that wont be changed one jot by registering with a GP now.

Just do the meds with a panel doctor and take any problems from there in the unlikely event there are any. Walk-in centres etc will have records if needed anyway.