British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   medicals - question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medicals-question-707392/)

john and julie Feb 28th 2011 8:54 pm

medicals - question

So....I passed the medical but it came in with a high cholestorol. Docs says just a little exercise and diet shift.....will this fail?:ohmy::ohmy:

Wessa Feb 28th 2011 10:32 pm

Re: medicals - question

Originally Posted by john and julie (Post 9208771)
So....I passed the medical but it came in with a high cholestorol. Docs says just a little exercise and diet shift.....will this fail?:ohmy::ohmy:

Im sure if he has signed the medical form then it should be good to go..
Ask him if this will go through, he should be able to tell you.

Don't worry too much, i was worried about the process too last two weeks ago.

All ours went through even after the oh had to have another blood test to show her uncommon liver function or something like that,was normal for her!.. Its common aparrently..Now that was a worry for nothing so the doc said..
;)

scrubbedexpat094 Feb 28th 2011 10:50 pm

Are you eating porridge for breakfast? If not, now is the time to start :eek:.

I'm okay I love the stuff. There was a whole thread on porridge a while back. So try the search function ;).

My recipe is whole porridge oats & water which I cook in the microwave. Then add natural low-fat yogurt, blueberries or other berries & sprinkle with cinnamon....Yum :thumbup:

john and julie Mar 1st 2011 10:19 pm

thanks for the porridge advice.....looks like your house for breakfast !!!

scrubbedexpat094 Mar 2nd 2011 2:20 am

Originally Posted by john and julie (Post 9211472)
thanks for the porridge advice.....looks like your house for breakfast !!!

See you later then :D

john and julie Mar 3rd 2011 4:46 pm

It was Julies birthday so we stayed in Harrogate and had 5star food, great fish and game and 1st class wine.....not really the cholestorel beating diet I started out to get in place!!!......We popped into a farm shop on the way home and loaded up with Granola, salads and mega veg.......time to get back to reality !!

john and julie Mar 3rd 2011 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Wessa (Post 9208972)
Im sure if he has signed the medical form then it should be good to go..
Ask him if this will go through, he should be able to tell you.

Don't worry too much, i was worried about the process too last two weeks ago.

All ours went through even after the oh had to have another blood test to show her uncommon liver function or something like that,was normal for her!.. Its common aparrently..Now that was a worry for nothing so the doc said..
;)

Good to know we are not the only anomily.....he did sign the forms of and they have gone, butI am now dieting and will get another tests just to reinfroce that I am aalive and well ......cheers.....john

snodger Mar 25th 2011 7:58 pm

my cholesterol was 7.1 when i had my medical so do what i did and go to your doctor and he might get you on simvastatin to help .
its helped me as its down to 4.2 right now and thats a month on the tablet.
i eat porridge everyday and eat plenty of fish and lean meat and also steamed veg.
i also swim everyday but if its going to help me get a visa i got to do it