medicals next tuesday

Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:21 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals next tuesday

Hi,
I went to Dr Tallent at Gatwick like Chippy64.
It cost £308 for me alone. I wanted to go to the one that Teebrown went to as they were cheaper when I rang round for quotes. Unfortunately due to my EOI being lost/delayed/ignored at NZ House and my current plans I ended up with very little time to get it done so had to go for the more expensive one
Try ringing round your local ones, there was quite a surprising variety in cost round here!

Sue
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Medicals and x-rays in Glasgow 8th July for 2 adults,2 kids( no x-rays as under 11) total cost £800!!!!!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph
Hi Sue, where did you go and how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

ta nic
Hi Nic, where in Bristol are you? I am from Bristol, up most weekends to visit parents, just being nosey really.

Tee
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Smile Re: medicals next tuesday

[QUOTE=teebrown;6456492]Hi Nic, where in Bristol are you? I am from Bristol, up most weekends to visit parents, just being nosey really.

Tee[/QUOTE

Hi Tee, not actually from bristol but burnham-on-sea, little town 30 miles south but most people have never heard of it! Went to uni in bristol though, what is now the UWE Faculty of Health, in my day was college of Health up Blackberry Hill. Where are you living noe if you travel up to visit?

Nic
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:36 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck with their medicals, we've got ours on Monday and are trying not to worry about them as we wouldn't want to see our blood pressure going up!

Should have had them 3 weeks ago when we had the chance but OH decided to try and lose some weight as he's a bit borderline.... waste of time, as the healthy, no-treats diet and higher volumes of exercise have been a resounding failure, the love handles stubbornly refuse to shift!! ::curse: So he's now practising holding it in without making it look like he's holding it in.... do you think they'll notice!?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:27 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Well just to add our tuppence worth!

We had the medicals at the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead yesterday, it all went pretty well, doctors / nurses / receptionists all very friendly and polite, so over50 (Steve and Dee) must have caught their receptionist on a bad day!

All the tests were very straightforward, first the x-rays, we didn't have to wait long for those, then off to the other building for the rest of the tests. Wee sample, waist measurement, height, weight, BMI calculation, very quick eye test and in to see the doctor.

Doctor took our blood pressure, listened to our heart, felt our pulse, also our belly whilst lying down, that was all. He was lovely and very chatty, went through the forms quickly only stopping at a couple of points briefly.

OH was a bit borderline round the waist, first measurement was over the limit, but that's because the nurse measured him round his belt which these days is not around your waist unless you're Simon Cowell!! So he insisted that his waist was further up and she took a 2nd measurement and bingo, 10 cms smaller which put him under the limit.

Nurse checked with doctor anyway, but as OH is quite tall and otherwise healthy and his BMI was not too close to the overweight/obese limit, he was happy to let him go without further tests, although he did say he should try and lose the extra weight which I promised I would make him do

We then had our blood tests and that was it! I think we were over there for about 1.5 hours, but to be honest it didn't feel that long.

We've been told that, all being well, we should have the results in 7 working days maximum, but should hopefully be sooner than that, we're keeping everything crossed that we'll get them by the end of the week so we can send the ITA off

One step closer now!!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Hi Waterlily,
Glad everything went well for you all. I reckon we must have caught the receptionist on a bad day also, so looking forward to next week when we pick the results up then we can get the ITA in the post for the finale.. and a nail biting wait
Fingers crossed for everyone who is going through the final part also
Steve and Dee

ps I wasn't particularly calling the clinic you now I was only highlighting the experience we had had. The Doctor was lovely, and all in all we had a good run out in the car.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:36 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Originally Posted by over50
Hi Waterlily,
Glad everything went well for you all. I reckon we must have caught the receptionist on a bad day also, so looking forward to next week when we pick the results up then we can get the ITA in the post for the finale.. and a nail biting wait
Fingers crossed for everyone who is going through the final part also
Steve and Dee

ps I wasn't particularly calling the clinic you now I was only highlighting the experience we had had. The Doctor was lovely, and all in all we had a good run out in the car.
Hiya, yes I realise you were not slagging off the clinic, but if the receptionist gave you a bit of a hard time I can understand it spoilt the experience for you a bit. As you said when you pay so much money you expect better treatment. I would've felt the same so sympathise entirely!

How come it´s taken so long for your results though? I'm worried now, I was hoping to get ours next week! Or is it because you have to pick them up in person and you couldn't make it sooner?

At this rate we'll be submitting our ITA on the same day

Are you starting to get butterflies yet??? We are!!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Hi Waterlily,
Unfortunately the Doctor was on leave the weeke after we had our medicals so we had to wait an extra week for her to return to read the results anyway. Also I was working nights so we decided to leave picking the results up till this coming week (tuesday coming actually). We could have had them sent like everyone else but stupid idiot here namely me forgot to take the passports with us, all I had was a photocopy in the file, so we have to pick the results up and show our passports.
As this is the last bit now of the immigration process we are getting a bit nervous and can't wait till its all over now. I know we only first applied in march starting the immigration process etc and really it isn't a long time going by some of the posts on here where people have waited close on a year. So all in all we are glad its nearly over and just hope now we get a decision successful soon after we send the ITA back for the final assessment. We are hoping to send it back next week or the week after after checking thoroughly all the documentation is in the envolope, especially as I forgot the passports before hahaha.... see nerves in tatters and stress levels rising as we speak....
Hopefully all those in the final hurdle of immgration will be successful and we can all toast eachother shortly.
Steve and Dee