medicals next tuesday

Old May 31st 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Default Re: medicals next tuesday

hello

we had our medicals in sheffield. had our x rays done at the claremont private medical hospital. £75 each for deb and i. we then went to the duke street clinic off talbot road(talbot place) for the medicals. all staff were freindly and helpful and everything was fully explained. my son and i went first as he is only 10 and doctor was great. wife went in afterwards and came out relieved as she was flapping over girly stuff, lol. one thing i will say to everyone is, if you are worried about your weight make sure you fast before your medical as you will get extra blood tests, if you dont you will have to return to them at a later date (just like i did). price for the 3 medicals and tests was just under £700. as far as i am aware that is a good price. hope everyone is well and the diets are working, i have lost in near a fornight a stone. a bit more to go but see you in nz xxxx
Old May 31st 2008, 10:32 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I was worried about it only because I hate having anything medical done but it was a lot quicker and less involved than I thought it would be

Great it all went well
Sue
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Thanks Jim and Debs for the info. We had our medicals done yesterday at the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. We live in Northants but shopped around and thought the price at the bridge was more realistic which is why we travelled for 2 hours approx for ours. The Bridge is easy to find, is split into two buildings, one where u have the x-ray and the other where u have the medical and everything else done. Hopefully those of you going to this clinic will have a better view than we did. Our medicals were booked for 1.35 for everything, we actually left the place at 4.30 and nearly 600 quid lighter. I forgot the passports, but did have photocopies in the folder which they would not accept, so we have to go back in a fortnight to pick up results and show the passports. The Doctor was really lovely and expalined everything and put u at ur ease. However the nurse in the actual medical block seemed a bit dippy and reluctant to lend a black pen.....take one with u and it is hard to borrow one..... For a private clinic they seemed to lack essential equipment like blood pressure cuffs and stethescopes etc I really was not impressed but this is only my opinion Steve felt the same except he felt the staff at the reception area were more welcoming . One of the clerks.receptionist was only interested in taking money and each time we passed her she kept saying you have to come here to pay remember..... a bit off I thought.... All in all for the price we paid I expected a top notch service which I felt we didn't get. On paying I explained about the passports etc and said we would come back with them when we pick the results up if that was okay, and was met by a rather stroppy clerk/receptionist who stipulated about the passports not accompanying ourselves and that the if the radiographer was not around when we return we will have to come back.....although we accepeted the mistake was ours etc... she was really rather rude in manner in talking over whilst explaining. I feel so strongly about this that once we have our results I will be putting in a complaint. So in response to Lily I would go fully armed with passports etc... allow the whole day if you need extra blood test due to maybe a weight problem like I have take a packed lunch to tuck into once your blood test has been taken, as it was nearly 5pm before we had anything to eat as we had both fasted for the extra blood tests.
Hopefully this experience will not happen to urselves. Good luck and hope all goes well for you and good luck to those who have theirs to come.

Steve and Dee
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

We have our medicals tomorrow in Surrey near Gatwick, we are paying £660 for 4 of us, I thought that was a good price. I too will be fasting before we go, as on the border-line with the waist measurements - so packed lunches all round for after the blood tests.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Ok now where is my girdle??
Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi teebrown, where are you having your medicals? We went to Dr Talent at Brookdale Medical centre (something like that anyway!).
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

we are off to eh Aeromedical Cen, Reigate Road - anyone been there??
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Post Re: medicals next tuesday

Originally Posted by teebrown
we are off to eh Aeromedical Cen, Reigate Road - anyone been there??
Hi, do they do all the medical there in one go? Chest x-ray, examination and bloods?

I think down by us you have to do x-ray at the hospital and the rest in gp centre....

nicola
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The x-rays are done just down the road, I believe in walking distance, and the rest of it is done in one place and then they colate all the results and post them back to you.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

good luck one and all on the last leg of the immigration process.

Steve and Dee
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all just got back from our medicals in surrey, good job we allowed 2 hours to drive there, as the motorway was closed to an accident.

Anyway, the medicals were very painless, I starved myself the night before just in case I needed extra blood because of borderline waist size, but in the end, they gave me the tape measure and asked me to do it myself in front of them, of course I was under 88cm!!(yes I tugged very hard on the tape).

The doctor and receptionist were both very nice and we were the only family there, the x-rays were done around the cornor at the hospital and all in all it took us about 3 hours to do everything for 4 people and we stopped to eat lunch. Good tip someone above gave to take some sandwiches for a long day, so we went prepared.

The total cost was £660 for a family of 4 including tax and x-rays etc.
The results should be back with us next week.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone else
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:52 pm
** My Beautiful Angel **

mum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: medicals next tuesday

Hi there
Can you tell me exactly what they do at the medicals. Reading all the threads i'm getting very worried.
Thanks
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok today all four of us went armed with sarnies and drink ready for the long wait -

we arrived and we were the only ones there, the admin assistant went through our paperwork (she was really nice) and then each in turn had to pee in a cup, she then did the dip test and told us we were all ok, I had my waist, height and weight done and then i went to see the doctor, he too was really nice, he glanced through the form and asked about anything which I had put 'yes' too and then I have my blood pressure done and blood taken, my heart listened too and lungs too, asked me about any swelling in my legs and felt my tummy and that was it, off i went to the x-ray bit and 3 mins later the x-rays were done and off home we went. For the kids, they led down and listen to the heart and felt the tummy, height, weight and looked at thier spin to make sure it's striaght, oh yes we all had a quick eye test, one hand over the eye etc can you read the bottom line etc and he then had a quick look in the eye.

That was it, they now send off the test and we get the results next week.

hope this helps
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:20 pm
** My Beautiful Angel **

mum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant future

Hi
That's great thanks for that, it doesn't seem to bad. Just need to cut out all the crap food we eat and we should be fine !!!
Best wishes
Jackie
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:52 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
The medicals were fine. The doc did the usual blood pressure, listened to chest, palpated abdomen, quick look at eyes and ears. The nurse measured height and weight. Had to give urine sample, I had a bit of paranoia that I'd have to do it in front of someone or that I wouldn't be able to go at all but both worries proved to be unfounded hehe
A quick sight and reading at close range test.
No need to undress apart from taking top off but kept bra on.
Doc checked reflexes hitting my elbows and knees with a hammer. Tried to check those on my feet but I was too ticklish and he gave up straight away
Took bloods then went next door for xray, again very quick.

You'll be fine!
All the best
Sue
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sue R
Hi
The medicals were fine. The doc did the usual blood pressure, listened to chest, palpated abdomen, quick look at eyes and ears. The nurse measured height and weight. Had to give urine sample, I had a bit of paranoia that I'd have to do it in front of someone or that I wouldn't be able to go at all but both worries proved to be unfounded hehe
A quick sight and reading at close range test.
No need to undress apart from taking top off but kept bra on.
Doc checked reflexes hitting my elbows and knees with a hammer. Tried to check those on my feet but I was too ticklish and he gave up straight away
Took bloods then went next door for xray, again very quick.

You'll be fine!
All the best
Sue
Hi Sue, where did you go and how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

ta nic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.