medicals next tuesday

Old May 20th 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Question medicals next tuesday

we are off for our medicals on tuesday and we are flapping. i know i am overwieght and the wife is worried about me as well. how flexiblw with the weight issue are they if you have a job offer. any help and advcie would be appreciated.
Old May 21st 2008, 3:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: medicals next tuesday

Your BMI needs to be less than 35 I think, otherwise you will be referred for a glucose test.

NZIS Medical Forms - D2

BMI* In light weight clothing and stockinged feet:

If BMI > 35 in adults or > 97th percentile for applicants aged 15-19
years of age, or waist circumference of females ≥ 88cm, males ≥ 102cm,
arrange and attach fasting lipids and fasting glucose tests.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimanddebs
we are off for our medicals on tuesday and we are flapping. i know i am overwieght and the wife is worried about me as well. how flexiblw with the weight issue are they if you have a job offer. any help and advcie would be appreciated.
We have ours booked for the 5th June, and I am on borderline with my waist, so I know I will be breathing in!

Good luck to you.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by teebrown
We have ours booked for the 5th June, and I am on borderline with my waist, so I know I will be breathing in!

Good luck to you.
My BMI is or was 28 and I had to have a glucose test and extra bloods done because of my waist measurement - I'm only a size 14 too!!! All ok though. Think they are getting stricter on it. Remember a post from last week I think about someone who'd been refused a visa cos of their weight even though otherwise completely healthy.
Good luck. Try wearing loose trousers so it doesn't push your belly up!!
Old May 21st 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

thank you everybody, will need more than loose trousers, wonder if i can lose a cpl of limbs hahaha, keep the faith
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:15 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, we could've had ours next Tuesday, but have pushed them back to 16th June to give OH some time to get rid of his love handles, as his BMI and his girth are bit too borderline for comfort!!

Anybody knows of any 3-week crash diets he could go on that won't mean starving himself?
Old May 27th 2008, 11:52 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

If you are overweight you will need extra bloods - FASTING bloods so don't eat from at least midnight, this will save you an extra trip and at least a week. Flexible with the weight as long as the bloods are OK.

Cholesterol levels is one of the bloods, needs to be below 5, start cutting down on cheese, eggs now and alcohol. Have a free test at the chemist to give you some idea of levels.
Old May 27th 2008, 12:00 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

If you are overweight you will need extra bloods - FASTING bloods so don't eat from at least midnight, this will save you a few days at least.

Visit your local chemist as they generally do blood glucose levels and cholesterol for free, then you will have some idea of what your results will be, you should then know if you are going to encounter any difficulties.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Smile Re: medicals next tuesday

Hi, I'm going to ask another daft question, how exactly do they measure BMI? i've read a couple of different ways of doing it.
We'll have the same problem jimanddebs, my OH has a bit of a keg going on rather than a six pack!

nicola
Old May 27th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice
Smile Re: medicals next tuesday

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Your BMI needs to be less than 35 I think, otherwise you will be referred for a glucose test.
Hi !!! I know kids have to have a medical - I'm worried about my 14 year old - Does their BMI need to be a certain level ? I don't know how much he weighs ( I don't want to give him a complex! ) But his waist is 34 in - He's a really big lad (his hands are like shovels - his head circumferance is 2 in bigger than my husband's !!)
He plays rugby 3 times a week ( which he's quite good at - the smaller kids just bounce off him ) So he gets plenty of exercise
Should I worry ? Should I put him on a diet ?
He's quite happy with his size - nobody dare bully him
love Alice xxxxx
Old May 27th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

This will calculate it for you!

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/magazine...bmi/index.aspx

My BMI is 22.4 but my waist was a couple of cm over the limit, so still had to have blood test. If you know your waist is going to be over, it doesn't matter what your BMI is, they will still want fasting blood test, sobest thing would be to fast for 12 hours (water only!) before your appointment. That way, they can take all the bloods they need and you won't have to go for a further test!
Old May 27th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Alice, this is from the medical forms -

D2 BMI*
In light weight clothing and stockinged feet:
If BMI > 35 in adults or > 97th percentile for applicants aged 15-19 years of age, or waist circumference of females ≥ 88cm, males ≥ 102cm, arrange and attach fasting lipids and fasting glucose tests.

My son was 14 when he went for his medical. He is 6ft 2 and 13st 2lb and his waist wasn't measured. He also is not required to take blood tests as under 15. He is also very fit, playing rugby, basketball, tennis, cricket and golf - he also goes to a teen gym.

Doc asked for me to be present for medical as 'mum will know his medical history!' although I did turn my back when it came to the 'cough' command!!
Old May 27th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for all the help and advice. had medicals and all was cool, my bmi was , well lets not go there but evrything else is well within limits. up to nz house now really, i have also lost a half stone in a week so will keep going. excellent medical center and great doctor made us feel relaxed and wife and son were very relaxed. price was excellent as well. will keep every one updated with how we get on.
Old May 31st 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Hi ya, can I ask which medical centre you used as we are booked into the bridge clinic for next week and was wondering if it was the same centre.
Thanks
Steve and Dee
Old May 31st 2008, 8:26 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

We're also going to the Bridge Clinic, booked in for 16th June, let us know how you get on, will you!

Good luck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.