British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   medicals in the midlands (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medicals-midlands-644603/)

vickyb69 Dec 13th 2009 9:48 am

medicals in the midlands

Hi

We live in derbyshire but have easy access to nottingham, derby, manchester, leicester, sheffield, birmingham etc. I have found somewhere that does immigration medicals in nottingham but £800 for 2 adults and a baby seems pretty steep.

To save me phoning around, has anyone found anywhere cheaper that they can recommend?? :)

sirplug Dec 13th 2009 10:57 am

Re: medicals in the midlands

Originally Posted by vickyb69 (Post 8168772)
Hi

We live in derbyshire but have easy access to nottingham, derby, manchester, leicester, sheffield, birmingham etc. I have found somewhere that does immigration medicals in nottingham but £800 for 2 adults and a baby seems pretty steep.

To save me phoning around, has anyone found anywhere cheaper that they can recommend?? :)

Hi, we're from Mansfield and so had the same options as you did, however, the Nottingham centre was the cheapest. It's opposite the Davids Lane entrance of the City Hospital. The Doctor there is heading to NZ as well!

The only caution you should exercise is the wait when you are there. Take the appointment time as a guide only!

You'll need to get the x rays done as well, as they don't do them. Mention this to them and they'll recommend somewhere for you. We used the Park Hospital, near Burntstump, Nottingham, (The wife works for the holding company) but this is one of the places they use.

Good luck

ragdolls2 Dec 14th 2009 9:24 am

Hi

Hi vicky - we had our medical done at Tudor Medical Practice Dr Henry undertakes the medicals ( near the city hospital) sounds like the same practice as sirplug. It was very straight forward and the total cost for 2 adults was £735 ( we didn't need additional blood tests) The practice arrange your appointment at the Park Hosptial for your chest x-rays and we had all the results back within 8.days!!. Would definately recommed them

LukeandJo Dec 14th 2009 10:54 am

This is top information for us.
Thanks very much for that.

janiejones Dec 14th 2009 6:26 pm

Hi

I got a quote recently from Clarendon practice in Manchester, they charge £95 for the medical and £82 for the blood tests. They don't do x-rays, but the Salford Royal down the road do them for £60 (I think).

HHBoP Dec 14th 2009 7:11 pm

Hi

I used a med centre on 110-114 Church Lane, Handsworth Wood in Bham tel 0845 073 0399. They did all the X-Rays and blood tests there as well as the forms. I can't remember how much i paid (sorry - brain has turned to sieve of late!!), but they were significantly cheaper than the other BHam option and they did everything in one go. Hope that helps.

Cheers

HH

janiejones Dec 14th 2009 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by HHBoP (Post 8172203)
Hi

I used a med centre on 110-114 Church Lane, Handsworth Wood in Bham tel 0845 073 0399. They did all the X-Rays and blood tests there as well as the forms. I can't remember how much i paid (sorry - brain has turned to sieve of late!!), but they were significantly cheaper than the other BHam option and they did everything in one go. Hope that helps.

Cheers

HH

Church Lane quoted £305 all in.