Medicals and illegal drugs

Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:05 am
Just Joined

onsisoppad is a jewel in the roughonsisoppad is a jewel in the roughonsisoppad is a jewel in the roughonsisoppad is a jewel in the rough
Default Medicals and illegal drugs

Hello there..... I was just wondering. In the medical forms they as whether you have taken illegal drugs before..... admitingly yes the odd puff here and there... but i dont know what to answer to this - any suggestions - I know i have to be honest but would that count against me? Would it no be better to just say no? Do they test for that and would they ever know?

Please help my medicals is in nearly 24 hours!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medicals and illegal drugs

I dont think the odd puff would count, but if you have had a puff in the last 2 weeks it will show up in your blood.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:14 am
Just Joined

onsisoppad is a jewel in the roughonsisoppad is a jewel in the roughonsisoppad is a jewel in the roughonsisoppad is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
I dont think the odd puff would count, but if you have had a puff in the last 2 weeks it will show up in your blood.
do they actually test for it?
Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Look on here and it will tell you everything you need.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

This is from the Handbook for Medical Examiners

B9 Have you ever been addicted to a drug or drugs taken illegally?

The Medical Examiner is expected to note any known drug addictions. Where it is uncertain if an addiction is
relevant, please detail this.
If there is a positive history of alcohol/drug abuse, particularly narcotic or intravenous drug use or addiction, details
should include the history of any social or occupational consequences from the abuse/addiction, any history of
detoxifi cation or rehabilitation programmes, the duration of abstinence, and whether there is any current use of alcohol
or drugs.
Where there is a history of past or present drug use, note any exposure risk, for example to HIV or Hepatitis B or C.
See the Laboratory Request Section of this handbook.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

I don't think they specifically test for drugs, but if you were seriously addicted it might show one way or another in the blood tests ie. damage to liver etc.

don't sweat it - unless of course you've done drugs recently!

it's like the alchohol questiosn - how many units do you consume per week. I think most people answer this question quite conservatively.