Medicals Grrrrrr!

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 11:57 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Trish M's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: North Shore
Posts: 159
Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice
Default Medicals Grrrrrr!

I phoned the panel doctors as we had our medicals nearly 2 weeks ago and I hadn't heard anything.
My bloods and x-ray are fine but they said that Eva's x-ray looks abnormal and needs to be done again, possibly due to incorrect positioning etc.
I have to pay for this again (not happy about this) plus I'm supposed to be going to NZ House on Monday armed with all my documents to apply for our visas. I've explained my situation and the practice manager said they could put them through as urgent and 'hopefully' they'd be done in time.
I'm absolutely fuming
Trish M is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:57 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
HeatherGirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Taranaki
Posts: 116
HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr!

Hi Trish M

You have my sympathies! Sounds very unfair that you have to pay for the xray again. Was "possibly due to incorrect positioning" the words they used? Surely that would be their mistake? Sorry I'm not much help - but I do know how frustrating it is awaiting medicals!!! Here's hoping for a quick turn around for you.

HeatherGirl
HeatherGirl is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:01 am
  #3  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 33,024
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr!

Have a cyber {{hug}} Trish. What a pain in the bum .
BEVS is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:19 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Caz8NZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Auckland
Posts: 536
Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr!

Originally Posted by Trish M View Post
I phoned the panel doctors as we had our medicals nearly 2 weeks ago and I hadn't heard anything.
My bloods and x-ray are fine but they said that Eva's x-ray looks abnormal and needs to be done again, possibly due to incorrect positioning etc.
I have to pay for this again (not happy about this) plus I'm supposed to be going to NZ House on Monday armed with all my documents to apply for our visas. I've explained my situation and the practice manager said they could put them through as urgent and 'hopefully' they'd be done in time.
I'm absolutely fuming
what a pain in the bum. if the x-rays have come back fine this time and it was "incorrect positioning" i would take this up with the docs/radiographer who did it and argue about the additional fee. they are professionals and should have placed her in the right place to get the x-ray. its a pretty standard straight forward one so no reason for it to go wrong. Well at least - lets hope that's all it is and nothing too serious!
Caz8NZ is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2012, 5:33 am
  #5  
Finally mesh free!
 
Vitalstatistix's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Gulf Harbour, Whangaparaoa
Posts: 6,547
Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr!

Every radiographer that I've ever met (& I've met a few) has checked the X-ray prior to me or a patient leaving the room. This is poor practice IMO & you shouldn't have to pay again.

I'd argue the toss if I was you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained .
Best of British to you
Vitalstatistix is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2012, 7:42 am
  #6  
RIP Jackson - 10/07/12
 
azakeen1980's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 48
azakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Every radiographer that I've ever met (& I've met a few) has checked the X-ray prior to me or a patient leaving the room. This is poor practice IMO & you shouldn't have to pay again.

I'd argue the toss if I was you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained .
Best of British to you
When i had mine, i had to wait for them to check that it was ok, correct positioning and everything could be seen etc. It was not and they re-done it again there and then. They said to me better to make sure its done right the first time and not having to come back. Annoying they are not all like this.

Hope you get it sorted
azakeen1980 is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2012, 5:19 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Trish M's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: North Shore
Posts: 159
Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr! Update!

Well, I've had a very stressful week as follows:

I was working a long day Tuesday so sent my dad with Eva for her repeat x-rays. When dad went to pay afterwards they said there was no charge - probably because I'd kicked up a right fuss!

I've been phoning the practice manager several times a day since, pestering her to get the results, constantly reminding her that I need them by Friday at the latest.

Finally received a call yesterday to say the hospital were faxing them the results over therefore ready for collection. I was on another long day at work so got my poor dad to go and collect them!

Oh I also realised that they hadn't really got anything wrong on the first x-ray - there was a sort of anomaly which needed another view for clarification.

So NZIS don't have a problem with them
Trish M is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:24 am
  #8  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 33,024
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr!

Perhaps you need to change your avatar to a grey haired, angst ridden, old woman until this is all done and dusted.

No more of this please for you.
BEVS is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2012, 12:19 pm
  #9  
Queen of the Underworld
 
Persephone's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: In NZ!
Posts: 4,785
Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr! Update!

Originally Posted by Trish M View Post
Well, I've had a very stressful week as follows:

I was working a long day Tuesday so sent my dad with Eva for her repeat x-rays. When dad went to pay afterwards they said there was no charge - probably because I'd kicked up a right fuss!

I've been phoning the practice manager several times a day since, pestering her to get the results, constantly reminding her that I need them by Friday at the latest.

Finally received a call yesterday to say the hospital were faxing them the results over therefore ready for collection. I was on another long day at work so got my poor dad to go and collect them!

Oh I also realised that they hadn't really got anything wrong on the first x-ray - there was a sort of anomaly which needed another view for clarification.

So NZIS don't have a problem with them
Excellent! There should not be an extra charge if xrays need redoing. If the positioning or exposures were incorrect then that is the fault of those taking the film. Agree with VBS, radiographs should always be checked immediately after taking for exposure and positioning and redone if necessary. This is not a diagnostic evaluation, any radiographer should know bad from good.

I do not work with humans but if we do not get a good xray then we repeat and do not charge for the extra exposure. I have not worked anywhere that would charge for incorrect positioning or exposure
Persephone is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.