Medicals Grrrrrr!

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice
Default Medicals Grrrrrr!

I phoned the panel doctors as we had our medicals nearly 2 weeks ago and I hadn't heard anything.
My bloods and x-ray are fine but they said that Eva's x-ray looks abnormal and needs to be done again, possibly due to incorrect positioning etc.
I have to pay for this again (not happy about this) plus I'm supposed to be going to NZ House on Monday armed with all my documents to apply for our visas. I've explained my situation and the practice manager said they could put them through as urgent and 'hopefully' they'd be done in time.
I'm absolutely fuming
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr!

Hi Trish M

You have my sympathies! Sounds very unfair that you have to pay for the xray again. Was "possibly due to incorrect positioning" the words they used? Surely that would be their mistake? Sorry I'm not much help - but I do know how frustrating it is awaiting medicals!!! Here's hoping for a quick turn around for you.

HeatherGirl
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Have a cyber {{hug}} Trish. What a pain in the bum .
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trish M
I phoned the panel doctors as we had our medicals nearly 2 weeks ago and I hadn't heard anything.
My bloods and x-ray are fine but they said that Eva's x-ray looks abnormal and needs to be done again, possibly due to incorrect positioning etc.
I have to pay for this again (not happy about this) plus I'm supposed to be going to NZ House on Monday armed with all my documents to apply for our visas. I've explained my situation and the practice manager said they could put them through as urgent and 'hopefully' they'd be done in time.
I'm absolutely fuming
what a pain in the bum. if the x-rays have come back fine this time and it was "incorrect positioning" i would take this up with the docs/radiographer who did it and argue about the additional fee. they are professionals and should have placed her in the right place to get the x-ray. its a pretty standard straight forward one so no reason for it to go wrong. Well at least - lets hope that's all it is and nothing too serious!
Old Jul 6th 2012, 5:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Every radiographer that I've ever met (& I've met a few) has checked the X-ray prior to me or a patient leaving the room. This is poor practice IMO & you shouldn't have to pay again.

I'd argue the toss if I was you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained .
Best of British to you
Old Jul 6th 2012, 7:42 am
RIP Jackson - 10/07/12

azakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Every radiographer that I've ever met (& I've met a few) has checked the X-ray prior to me or a patient leaving the room. This is poor practice IMO & you shouldn't have to pay again.

I'd argue the toss if I was you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained .
Best of British to you
When i had mine, i had to wait for them to check that it was ok, correct positioning and everything could be seen etc. It was not and they re-done it again there and then. They said to me better to make sure its done right the first time and not having to come back. Annoying they are not all like this.

Hope you get it sorted
Old Jul 7th 2012, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr! Update!

Well, I've had a very stressful week as follows:

I was working a long day Tuesday so sent my dad with Eva for her repeat x-rays. When dad went to pay afterwards they said there was no charge - probably because I'd kicked up a right fuss!

I've been phoning the practice manager several times a day since, pestering her to get the results, constantly reminding her that I need them by Friday at the latest.

Finally received a call yesterday to say the hospital were faxing them the results over therefore ready for collection. I was on another long day at work so got my poor dad to go and collect them!

Oh I also realised that they hadn't really got anything wrong on the first x-ray - there was a sort of anomaly which needed another view for clarification.

So NZIS don't have a problem with them
Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Perhaps you need to change your avatar to a grey haired, angst ridden, old woman until this is all done and dusted.

No more of this please for you.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 12:19 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Grrrrrr! Update!

Originally Posted by Trish M
Well, I've had a very stressful week as follows:

I was working a long day Tuesday so sent my dad with Eva for her repeat x-rays. When dad went to pay afterwards they said there was no charge - probably because I'd kicked up a right fuss!

I've been phoning the practice manager several times a day since, pestering her to get the results, constantly reminding her that I need them by Friday at the latest.

Finally received a call yesterday to say the hospital were faxing them the results over therefore ready for collection. I was on another long day at work so got my poor dad to go and collect them!

Oh I also realised that they hadn't really got anything wrong on the first x-ray - there was a sort of anomaly which needed another view for clarification.

So NZIS don't have a problem with them
Excellent! There should not be an extra charge if xrays need redoing. If the positioning or exposures were incorrect then that is the fault of those taking the film. Agree with VBS, radiographs should always be checked immediately after taking for exposure and positioning and redone if necessary. This is not a diagnostic evaluation, any radiographer should know bad from good.

I do not work with humans but if we do not get a good xray then we repeat and do not charge for the extra exposure. I have not worked anywhere that would charge for incorrect positioning or exposure