British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Medicals etc for WTR (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medicals-etc-wtr-800399/)

Pinksar Jun 17th 2013 4:50 pm

Medicals etc for WTR

Hi - my husband is going to apply for WTR visa as he has a job offer and I will be applying for the partnership based temporary visa at the same time. Our plan is to enable him to get out there ASAP to take the job up and then we will start the SMC process.

My question is that under the partnership based temp visa I am only required to provide a Limited Medical Certificate. As we want to apply under the SMC when we get there I want to go for the full General Medical to save time - will they accept this for the type of visa I'm applying for or will me providing too much delay things? Is it easier to do the limited one and then d the general one from NZ or does this prove a time consuming exercise?

I know it probably sounds like a daft question but I know what my luck is like!

Persephone Jun 18th 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Medicals etc for WTR

No, not daft!

Common sense would say that the General medical should be acceptable in lieu of the asked for Limited medical. However I'd hate to tell you to do the general one and then they come over all officious and insist on the limited one:sneaky:
You have an application in under the SMC already which should be selected next week. So my feeling is that the General one will be fine but if you're able to check with NZIS just to be absolutely certain then that's what I would do.
It may be that you'll get residency before moving over anyway, unless work starts earlier than you originally thought [from another thread].

Not being very decisive today, am I?:ohmy:

Pinksar Jun 18th 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks - have decided to put SMC on hold as we are wanting t get out there ASAP and SMC seems to take a while looking at feedback across the forums.

Hey - we all have indecisive days ;)

Persephone Jun 19th 2013 4:18 pm

Forgot to mention that your medicals can be reused for subsequent visa applications as long as it is less than 36 months since they were submitted. You may know this already:)
Even though medicals are more expensive in the UK it may still be cheaper to do the General one in the UK and then not need to repeat it for your SMC application. As long as NZIS are ok with that...though the General one is more in depth so you'd think they would be...

Pinksar Jun 20th 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks - that's why I thought it may save some time. Fingers crossed they won't get sniffy lol!

Persephone Jun 21st 2013 3:41 pm

Let us know how you get on:thumbsup:

A cat in chain mail????:confused:

Pinksar Jun 21st 2013 4:04 pm

I will :fingerscrossed:

It made me giggle :p:rofl:

Persephone Jun 21st 2013 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Pinksar (Post 10768414)
I will :fingerscrossed:

It made me giggle :p:rofl:

That's as good a reason as any. I do like it for some strange reason...
Thinking it's time to go back to my standard Mr Men avatar. My hummingbirds have now flown the nest-literally:(

Pinksar Jun 21st 2013 4:30 pm

I was just looking at how to update my profile and when it said a avatar it just seemed to fit.... Things that make me laugh are always a good sign in my eyes :hysterical:

Go for Mr Men - will await updated photo with interest now! :thumbsup:

Persephone Jun 21st 2013 4:33 pm

Done, back to my default...introducing Mr Rush:thumbup:

Pinksar Jun 21st 2013 5:07 pm

:rofl: love it! Mr Rush meet warrior She-cat lol :getcoat:

Persephone Jun 21st 2013 6:59 pm

Yes, he also sometimes gets dressed up or has a holiday background for special occasions...I have too much time on my hands...:D

MrsFychan Jun 21st 2013 9:33 pm

chain mail seems to be a theme this week but I will refrain for using mine as an avatar ;)

Persephone Jun 23rd 2013 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10768872)
chain mail seems to be a theme this week but I will refrain for using mine as an avatar ;)

Have you got a cat that could model the bikini for you instead, just to keep the theme going? :rofl:

MrsFychan Jun 23rd 2013 8:18 pm

unfortunately the cat is male so would just a teeny bit weird don't you think :D