Medicals booked for Friday

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of
Default Medicals booked for Friday

We have our medicals booked for this Friday!!! We have 3 young children and even after shopping around it is going to cost us a fortune

Our youngest has a heart condition, which I have all the consultant reports copied by our doctor and as he doesn't need treatment only monitoring, I am hoping it won't hold things up. I need to shift a bit of weight, but by Friday? No hope!

All in all I won't have many nails left through the stress of it all!

But looking on the bright side to help with the funding of the medicals we have had a major Ebay session for the past 3 weeks selling off all the children's outdoor toys, clothes they ahve outgrown and our plastic shed and so far have raised enough to cover mine and my OH medical fees. So not only are we clearing things out ready for the move, we are for once putting more into the account than taking it out, so things are looking up
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals booked for Friday

Hi Suzbits - fingers crossed for Friday.

What age is your son - will he be having a chest x-ray? My 14 year old had one and he has a condition called Pectoris Excavatum, which means that his chest cavity is different. His heart looked slightly large on the xray and after we submitted medicals, they asked for copy of his xray and he had to go for an echocardiogram.

With all your letters from consultants, hopefully you will have all bases covered and will have no further problems.

We are also a family of five and with the cost of medicals and then additional ECG and reports, it has cost in excess of £2000, Worth it if we get there!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

Chippy64

My son is only 3 and won't need the chest x-ray but they will hear the murmur when they listen to his heart. I am hoping the consultant report will mean we will not need extra tests, but I don't suppose I will be that lucky!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Keeping my fingers crossed for you an have sent you some karma!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

Hi Suzbit

We too are in the MK area - can I ask where you are getting your medicals done and how much they cost? We are just waiting for our ITA and thought we should get ready for the next steps!

Good Luck with yours.

Thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

We are going down to the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead as you can have both the medicals and xrays done at the same time. It is about £240 per adult and £85 for the children. Much cheaper than the clinics in Oxford and St Albans.

I will try and remember to send you a PM to let you know what I thought of the place, but so far they have been very helpful and accommodating.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:39 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Best of luck with your medicals.

Probably trying to teach my grandma to suck eggs (I get the gist but don't know where the saying comes from).
BUT
If you need to shift weight you will need fasting bloods - make sure you drink PLENTY of clear water until friday and fast from midnight.

Pauline
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Good luck for Friday Suz.... dont forget to take something to eat if you have to go fasting....and somrthing for the children to drink, we only had tea coffee machines where we went...
Will think of u on Friday, fingers crossed.
Steve and Dee.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Suzbits - how did it go?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Chippy64

Medicals went really well. I didn't need the fasting blood test, the nurse measured my waist higher than I have been and I sucked it in a bit! Weight was OK, again their scales weighed less than mine so I was happy!

With my youngest the Consultant was great. He wrote that his condition was a minor case and in his opinion insignificant. I did ask him if he thought NZIS would require any further information apart from the consultant report and he thought it unlikely, but we are now in their hands. My OH and the two other children were all OK too.

We now have to wait for the results to come back on the bloods, but everything else was OK so hopefully nothing to worry about. All being well we should be sending in our ITA end of 1st week August.

Kay
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great! Keeping fingers cossed for you (and us!).
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you, I found this to be one of the stressful bits.

all the best