medicals booked in 10 days any tips!

Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:38 am
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default medicals booked in 10 days any tips!

As the title says

Booked for me the wife and the two little ones (both under 5yrs - the kids not the wife!!)

Have knocked the drinking down to a couple of nights a week (thought red wine was good for you). Planning on knocking drinking and any obviously 'bad' food on the head until after the medicals. Any other practical tips?

cheers
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals booked in 10 days any tips!

Originally Posted by newzealandplease
As the title says

Booked for me the wife and the two little ones (both under 5yrs - the kids not the wife!!)

Have knocked the drinking down to a couple of nights a week (thought red wine was good for you). Planning on knocking drinking and any obviously 'bad' food on the head until after the medicals. Any other practical tips?

cheers
Breathe in when they measure your waist!! Nah - You'll be fine, just stay of the juice for a couple of days and don't have a curry the night before!!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:47 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Breathe in when they measure your waist!! Nah - You'll be fine, just stay of the juice for a couple of days and don't have a curry the night before!!
Yep suck in that tummy!

A bit too late to really make much difference anyway. Best of luck!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:51 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Can only echo what's already been said. Suck in the tum, and the rest will be fine.

It's nice to hear that Cholesterol, STD's, and kidney failure is not due to be on the adgenda any time soon, so treat it as a little check up.

Nothing to worry about - you'll be just fine!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

If your BMI / waist measurement is borderline, even just a week of low-fat food and moderate exercise could shift an inch or so!

Cut out alcohol, drink plenty of water, and avoid fatty foods.

Good luck!

Jane
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

As Jane said drink LOADS of water and flush that system!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:33 am

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice

not worried about the BMI, well wil come out high (ish) but at 6ft and 14st 6lb nothing to worry about, train three times a week also.

Did a blood pressure test this week which was just under what thwe medicals say. Little ones have colds which we are desperatly trying not to catch!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

We found that we tied ourselves in knots over the medicals (I have a life long thyroid problem) and then afterwards, wondered what all the fuss had been about!! Try and chill a bit or the old BP will be up anyway! Hope all goes well on the day
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:15 am

cheers for that. The medicals are the 'great big unknown', probably a bloke thing

Far too wound up over the whole emmigration thing!!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Our biggest problem was keeping the 3 boys entertained in the waiting room
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:30 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newzealandplease
cheers for that. The medicals are the 'great big unknown', probably a bloke thing

Far too wound up over the whole emmigration thing!!
It will all come together in the long run - it just seems like a marathon to you right now!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:52 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Just remembered something - if you suffer from White Coat Syndrome, like I do, then do some meditation right before your appointment, and get your BP taken a.s.a.p! When my doc took my BP 10 mins in to my appointment, my BP was higher than when it was taken right after I got there. I was within limits when I got there, but over when my regular doc took my BP!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:59 am

the othere half has White coat Syndrome - and she works in a hospital!!

Shes trying to arrange for one of those 24hr monitors from her GP, last time she did that is was fine. Thinking out aloud might be worth her trying to get her medical history form the GP to take along?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:08 am
Maz

Sorry no idea about a monitor for that. I only know that those monitors in supermarkets that are free (the cuffs to take BP) always make my BP higher because it's a machine taking my BP rather than a person!

OK ... not helpful. sorry
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

how did the medicals go?
Bet they werent as bad as you expected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.