Medicals

Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Default Medicals

Had medicals today at the Aviation Medica at Stanstead. They were absolutely superb and I can't recommend their services enough. There costs are also very reasonable.

However ............ please be aware that if you have any body peircings and/or tattoos you have to have an extra blood test at a cost of £35.00 each person and as all 4 of us has them both it was an unexpected cost of £140.00!

They also called my Hubs 'fat'! Hahahaha!

He is nearly 6 foot and is 14 stone ............... not exactly obese ............. but he has to have a Doctors referral and that was an extra £38.75!

So there went £1300.00! :curse:

Only good thing is now I can have a glass of wine and boy do I need it!

Last edited by banshigirl; Aug 5th 2008 at 8:17 pm. Reason: Blooming spelling
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:19 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Medicals

Odd replied to this earlier but it appears to have gone astray. Anyway on the off chance that I might be repeating myself.

Seems a bit odd.

My son has 2 tattoo's and did not need extra blood tests.
Myself, husband and eldest son were all overweight and did not require GP referal. BMI's over 35 - 37.
My son was refered to GP for raised cholesterol at no cost

At the weight you have said
5'10" would give a BMI of 28.1
5' 11" would give a BMI of 27.3

Maybe the reason they are cheap is because of the extras they load on.

Pauline
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Hi Pauline,

Thanks for your reply and I am now inclined to agree with you.

Just had a phone call from them and Hubs and son have to have more blood tests at an extra cost of £100.00!!

My Hubs is for high cholestral (sp) but as I told the Doctor we had just eaten and he said then that was what had caused it and he now had to do another test but not let him eat from 10pm the night before!

My son's test is something to do with the liver!

It is odd as I am perfectly healthy but am the only one who drinks like a fish and goes to the pub. Neither Hubs or son drink yet they have to have more tests???
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:08 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by banshigirl
Hi Pauline,

Thanks for your reply and I am now inclined to agree with you.

Just had a phone call from them and Hubs and son have to have more blood tests at an extra cost of £100.00!!

My Hubs is for high cholestral (sp) but as I told the Doctor we had just eaten and he said then that was what had caused it and he now had to do another test but not let him eat from 10pm the night before!

My son's test is something to do with the liver!

It is odd as I am perfectly healthy but am the only one who drinks like a fish and goes to the pub. Neither Hubs or son drink yet they have to have more tests???

Have sent PM

David was refered to GP for his cholesterol which ment he could have further bloods taken through our GP at no cost. GP aware of why we wanted bloods, only tend to take bloods weekly at surgery so filled in forms for David to go to hospital for bloods next day. Really helpful.

GP did charge £17 for letter to Immigration with results and stating likely impact on health at his age and recommended treatment of diet.

Pauline