Medicals

Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough
Default Medicals

For the medical requirements did you guys just go along to your GP and ask for a medical to submit with application re NZ? ie did GP know you would need X rays etc or did you have to spell it out to him?

Bit more complicated for us as we are going to have to go back to UK from Spain and find somewhere to settle for a few weeks, find rental property and GP and then do all that. Judging by some of your passport comments might take that opportunity to get all of our passports renewed whilst there, too!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:54 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Danemad View Post
For the medical requirements did you guys just go along to your GP and ask for a medical to submit with application re NZ? ie did GP know you would need X rays etc or did you have to spell it out to him?

Bit more complicated for us as we are going to have to go back to UK from Spain and find somewhere to settle for a few weeks, find rental property and GP and then do all that. Judging by some of your passport comments might take that opportunity to get all of our passports renewed whilst there, too!
Hi

Do you know you need to go to a specially listed doctor? They are listed at http://www.immigration.govt.nz/, click on the left 'panel doctors'

Either surgeries have the x-ray in the same place, or the doctor refers you to a panel x-ray place, usually in a hospital. You also need to pay for the two services, I had a quote for an all-in-one place including blood tests and x-ray and it was about £200. You cannot even get the medical done with a panel GP and your x-ray at a local hospital, it ALL needs to be done through an approved place. Sorry, wasn't sure whether you realised that or not. If you phone a surgery, you have to state its for immigration purposes to NZ and they are aware of the process and what needs to be done.

Its better not to eat on the day in case you need to have a fasting glucose. Also, be warned, some places charge extra for blood tests so make you clarify before you book.

Good luck!

Nikki
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:24 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe View Post
Hi

Do you know you need to go to a specially listed doctor? They are listed at http://www.immigration.govt.nz/, click on the left 'panel doctors'

Either surgeries have the x-ray in the same place, or the doctor refers you to a panel x-ray place, usually in a hospital. You also need to pay for the two services, I had a quote for an all-in-one place including blood tests and x-ray and it was about £200. You cannot even get the medical done with a panel GP and your x-ray at a local hospital, it ALL needs to be done through an approved place. Sorry, wasn't sure whether you realised that or not. If you phone a surgery, you have to state its for immigration purposes to NZ and they are aware of the process and what needs to be done.

Its better not to eat on the day in case you need to have a fasting glucose. Also, be warned, some places charge extra for blood tests so make you clarify before you book.

Good luck!

Nikki

You need this link

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...=Guest&level=1 !!!!!!!

Also; police certificates http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cecertificate/

Depending on how long you have been in Spain, you may need to apply to more than one country. UK certificates are taking up to 40 days
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

Oh my! I didn´t know... thanks. This is so complicated.. the timing of everything...

At what point do we have to submit these then? Once we have received ITA?

Can I just have it done here in Spain? I have lived here 3 years. Surely I won´t have to have them done in both countries?!!!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:52 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my! I didn´t know... thanks. This is so complicated.. the timing of everything...

Can I just have it done here in Spain? I have lived here 3 years. Surely I won´t have to have them done in both countries?!!!

Type in Spain in the box on the left hand side in the link I've given you above, this will give you the list of panel doctors in Spain. Don't do it yet . Wait for your ITA to come through as they are only valid for 3 months
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

You will need police checks for any country you have spent more than 18 months in (I think it's 18 months). So you will need one for Spain and one for the UK (assuming it is UK).

We had to get one from Germany and had to contact the German police authorities.

As Kev and Sarah says... wait until you are at the ITA stage before medicals and police as they do expire and you might need to wait if you haven't enough points yet...
Old Jan 25th 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Just checked the Spanish list of doctors (to get an estimate into prices). The one nearest me is not on the list any more so I will have to go to Madrid or Barcelona. Either one is about 6 hrs min away.

However, he was able to tell me that it comes to around 240euros which is about £165/170 compared to the English ones who charge £200 for the medical and blood tests and then another £55 for the X-rays. For that I would have to go to Stansted and Cambridge for X-rays. They don´t make it simple, do they?

I think I´ll opt for doing it whilst still in Spain though due to the difference X 3!!!

As you suggest, I´ll wait until IF and when I get an ITA... thanks.

It´s going to be fun getting a police report done over here... "A WHAT do you want?... No idea what you´re talking about mrs!" I can just hear it now...

Last edited by Danemad; Jan 25th 2007 at 3:28 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:34 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked the Spanish list of doctors (to get an estimate into prices). The one nearest me is not on the list any more so I will have to go to Madrid or Barcelona. Either one is about 6 hrs min away.

However, he was able to tell me that it comes to around 240euros which is about £165/170 compared to the English ones who charge £200 for the medical and blood tests and then another £55 for the X-rays. For that I would have to go to Stansted and Cambridge for X-rays. They don´t make it simple, do they?

I think I´ll opt for doing it whilst still in Spain though due to the difference X 3!!!

As you suggest, I´ll wait until IF and when I get an ITA... thanks.

It´s going to be fun getting a police report done over here... "A WHAT do you want?... No idea what you´re talking about mrs!" I can just hear it now...
Maybe the British Embassy over there can advise with reference to the police check?
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Good thinking, batman!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:49 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Just had our case officer on the blower. need to go back to Panel Dr and get him to write a letter explaining what he had explained in his last letter ref our bloods. Then probably referred to immig. Dr ref my liver history, which I do know is sorted. hey ho!!! such is the life of an emigration applicant