medicals

Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default medicals

What is the NZ immigrations view on people living with depression? I can live without medication (never had anytime time off work from it) but feel better on it. I have not taken meds for about a year but wondered if going back on them would jeopardise our visa chances? Anybody know?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:59 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals

Originally Posted by nero
What is the NZ immigrations view on people living with depression? I can live without medication (never had anytime time off work from it) but feel better on it. I have not taken meds for about a year but wondered if going back on them would jeopardise our visa chances? Anybody know?
Have been fellow sufferer in the past, so really sympathise with you. On the medicals it comes under "mental illness", I told the doctor doing the medical that I had suffered in the past and been on medication and they still ticked the "No" box.

I tend to go with the "honesty is the best policy" theory. Having said that, there doesn't appear to be any link to your own medical history with your GP. But then what if you were the 1 in 1,000 who they investigated?

Shall send you karma to wish you well.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nero
I would just come clean at the medicals, if they need to have ANY reports from your GP (for example if you require repeat bloods, fasting lipids or glucose). The GP will disclose any past medical history. Even if you were on a current medical treatment regime I dont think it would be a problem. If I were you I would just be honest!
Good luck
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Depression lifting ITA on its way