British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   medical woes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medical-woes-734739/)

andyi Oct 5th 2011 8:30 pm

medical woes

Hi, im in the process of gaining a work visa which is lodged in Sydney as im currently doing soem graft in Aus. At teh same time we have a residency visa lodged in London. Ive ben for a medical in the UK where my chlolesterol was lsighty raised (5.9) and my BP was slighty up, so i got refeered to a medical advisor. Ive now been for repeat tests in teh UK with my GP which they ignored? I have since done anotehr suite of tests in Aus where im almost sure my LFT test will reveal alcohol as i was only given 24 hrs notice to have thsi doen and had watched the rugby at the weekend with a few beers. Do NZ immigration medical officials actually know what tehy are doing ? Has anyone experienced thsi kind of thing before? Im close to jacking it all in and saying lest go back to the uk etc. Unfortunatley i have a great job and we have invested quite a lot in this so im reluctant to be honest. I have maded soem lifestyle changes and my Cholesterol had come down to 5.3, and now take soem meds for my BP, plus i ahd a Hep c test, ferritin, ana and soemthing else yesterday. Anybody out there experienced this kind of thing? We are also being advised by Macolm Pacific as immigration consultants, and our experience hasnt been very good ?
All info appreciated. Thanks for any help? Andy

Stormer999 Oct 7th 2011 10:12 am

Re: medical woes

Warks UK...hello neighbor...;) Andy......yes I am going through the same scenario...BP, alcohol Gamma GT tests inc Hep C antibody. The tests sound as though they are all liver/alcohol targeted so with your cholesterol already down to 5.3 (2.5-5.0) you are nearly there, the BP control will soon kick in, Hep C is precautionary due to slightly elevated readings. Worse scenario at the mo is that the doc will ask you to abstain from all alcohol for 10-14days and take further blood tests. Hang on in there and have patience....:thumbup: Like me you went into the surgery fit and came out on deaths door....:rofl:;)

jo_hedge Oct 29th 2011 8:42 pm

My other half is having the same problems. Had his bloods done just after a weekend of RWC matches & a few beers. His cholestrol is raised too. He's had notification that medical has been referred to NZ assessors. But they've done their usual (so bloody high-handed) in that they won't tell you yet what their problem is. We believe it can only be the cholestrol, but he's a veggie, rugby player & runs 10 miles each day. All I can say is 'Good luck" & don't give up. Cos if you do, then they've won!

andyi Oct 30th 2011 9:14 am

thanks Jo, i gues you are right, but seems so slow and tedius its not funny. Ill keep plodding away rest assured. Cheers Andy