Medical Waiver - the consequences

Old Feb 8th 2010, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

cregganrover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Waiver - the consequences

Hey,

Unfortunately I have to go down the route of a medical waiver to help gain Skilled migrant Visa with my partner. She is already in NZ taking up a job offer on a temporary work visa.

I just wondering if anyone knew the consequences of not getting the waiver ...i.e. could I still get a temp visa to go over to my fiancee in NZ?

Is there an appeal process for waivers that haven't been granted?

I am being paranoid now about the waiver process..but it is understandable.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Waiver - the consequences

It really depends on why you want the waiver. If you have HIV, AIDS, heb c or TB you will not be allowed a work visa. If you are getting the waiver because of a chronic illness they will assess how much your illness would possible cost the NZ Government. Unfortunatly, there are no black and white rules when it comes to INZ.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking from a similar experience, as you have had to go down this road, have you considered getting professional help to help you prepare it? We had lawyers in Christchurch and we probably would not have got here together without them
Old Feb 10th 2010, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply guys.

As for the Christchurch lawyer..where you in Christchurch while contacting the lawyer?

I am obviously still based over here.

If you could Private Message me their details it would be great.

I am getting a bit of a cold shoulder from the embassy at the minute, which isn't great.

The waiver would be for a chronic condition and there are some costs involved with food supplements....I am on a special low protein diet.

Thanks again.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

no, they were appointed whilst we were still in the UK. Will pm you,

Last edited by Jan n Neil; Feb 10th 2010 at 7:16 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Hey,

Just to update. We didn't get granted a waiver due to costs.

Very disappointing.

Appealing is an option through the residency Board, has anyone any experience of this?

Ideally, I would like to go a temp work visa to NZ and then start the appeal, has anyone managed this? I think you only have 41 days to appeal, so getting the temp visa and getting to NZ will be pushing it tight.

Any advice would be great.