Medical validity

Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

donnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura about
Default Medical validity

Hi

I'm back again, asking more questions! We still haven't received ITA, but have been told it is on the way, although status on website hasn't changed. I have booked medicals for next week, however I am concerned about the length of time they are valid for.

I'm sure I have read somewhere that they are valid for three months, yet it is currently taking 4 months to get a case office assigned and we have been told our little boy's will be referred to medical adviser, which will obviously cause more delays. Are you supposed to wait until a case officer is assigned before having medicals? Do you send the medicals in with your ITA or does the doctor send it onto Immigration Office?

Getting more confused by the minute. Would appreciate some clarification.

Many thanks
Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:40 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical validity

Originally Posted by donnisons
Hi

I'm back again, asking more questions! We still haven't received ITA, but have been told it is on the way, although status on website hasn't changed. I have booked medicals for next week, however I am concerned about the length of time they are valid for.

I'm sure I have read somewhere that they are valid for three months, yet it is currently taking 4 months to get a case office assigned and we have been told our little boy's will be referred to medical adviser, which will obviously cause more delays. Are you supposed to wait until a case officer is assigned before having medicals? Do you send the medicals in with your ITA or does the doctor send it onto Immigration Office?

Many thanks

Hi there,
Yes, your medicals are valid for submission for three months, once in, the time it takes for a C/O to be allocated doesn't get added to the medical validity. The Doctor that does your medical will return forms to you, complete with blood test results. As far as I know (am sure someone will correct if wrong!)...you then send them in with your ITA.
HTH & good luck...do shop around for your medicals tho...prices seem to vary quite a lot, it may be worth travelling a little way to save some £££'s!!
B x
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

If your ITA is on its way then you have a case officer.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

donnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

The following is an extract from the email I received from the person dealing with our EOI:

Once you have submitted your completed application to us, it will be assigned to the managed queue to await allocation to a Visa Officer for processing. With our current processing times, applications remain in this queue for around 4 months. Once you are then assigned to a Visa Officer they may take 1-3 monhts to process your application. For your case, it will take longer as we will need to refer son's medical to our Medical Adviser.

So I think we do have to wait in the queue for a Visa Officer for 4 months. But good to know the time waiting is not added to medical time, otherwise they would be out of date before they even got assessed!

Many thanks
Old Dec 7th 2009, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by donnisons
Hi

Many thanks
Hi,
It really means that your medicals cannot be older than 3 months when you submit them.
When you receive ITA you have 4 months to get this back with all your supporting evidence including your medicals. If you have everything else together and plan to turn it around quickly then you should be fine.
I was told by NZIS that you can get medicals extended if required if the original doctor is prepared to re-date & sign them. Best of luck with the medicals next week.