British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Medical turn-around times (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medical-turn-around-times-563826/)

Rock Ape Sep 26th 2008 2:58 pm

Medical turn-around times

Hi,
Having being told this week by my CO that it takes about 4-5 weeks to have a medical referred, does anyone know from recent experience if this is about right or if times are quicker or longer.

Thanks

chippy64 Sep 26th 2008 3:00 pm

Re: Medical turn-around times

Hi Rock Ape - that is about right. We have had our stuff referred to MA a few times now and EACH time we send in something it takes another 4/5 weeks. We submitted our ITA 18th May, with job offer and are still waiting!!!

Suzbits Sep 26th 2008 3:28 pm

Just to give you a glimmer of hope we were quoted around 4-6 weeks but heard back in 3 weeks. I think it depends on what you are being referred for and hw much info you have supplied with your application.

Fingers crossed for you.

weejie Sep 26th 2008 4:20 pm

Recent referral to MA took 4 weeks to the day.

Phyllis

Rock Ape Sep 27th 2008 7:49 am

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 6822595)
Recent referral to MA took 4 weeks to the day.

Phyllis

Thanks for the heads-up. Mine is fairly straight forward. Slightly elevated bilirubin in blood test. Have already had second test and echograph of liver with no abnormalities but the CO says she has no option but to refer to the MA - apparently its a procedural thing. Does the referral actually require the medical file to be physically sent to NZ or is it an email thing?

Thanks

weejie Sep 27th 2008 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Rock Ape (Post 6824345)
Thanks for the heads-up. Mine is fairly straight forward. Slightly elevated bilirubin in blood test. Have already had second test and echograph of liver with no abnormalities but the CO says she has no option but to refer to the MA - apparently its a procedural thing. Does the referral actually require the medical file to be physically sent to NZ or is it an email thing?

Thanks

Don't know Rockape,sorry but I assumed that the MA people were at NZ House in London:confused: anyone know??? My bilirubin levels were raised slightly above the norm but was not referred re this. Assumed however they looked at all the results when referred so must have been ok. Sure it is all just a procedure thing with yours and everything will be fine in the end.......just need to wait (im)patiently like I did:lol:

Phyllis