Medical Test?

Old Oct 27th 2009, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

welshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nice
Default Medical Test?

Hey,Inz recently asked for new bloods to be done i did them the cholesterol was 6.2 and the sugar blood test was fine,My c/o has had the results just over a month,would they let me know before this time if was going to be referred to a m/a or not?Just time is running out on my partnership visa and dont really want to go down the road of getting another visa ect.
Cheers Gavin
Old Oct 27th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Test?

Hi there
Your medical will most probable go to the MA since your cholesterol is over the limit. As far as I'm aware, you should be allowed to stay in the country while another application is pending (ie, if a decision isn't made before your current permit expires). I think you have to request an extension in writing though so probably best to get onto that soon... just in case
Old Oct 27th 2009, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

welshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nice

Hi Thanks for that,My visa expires the end of january,i would of thought i would of heard something by now considering they have had the results over a month i would just like to know where i stand thats all its a nightmare!
Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

trust me I know!

We're waiting to hear from medical assessors too (we've applied for a partnership visa). They certainly like to take their time which makes it so much more stressful for us! Hope it all goes well.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Not good,how long you ben waiting??
Old Oct 27th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

we applied for the work permit (via partnership) a month ago.

Funky liver function test meant another round of blood test (second liver test was pretty much the same as the first) so we sent off the second lot of blood results about a week ago and are now waiting to hear if we'll have to fork out for a liver scan. Fingers crossed the medical assesssor will be lenant and not make us carry out any unecessary scans

Do you have any probs when you applied for the partnership visa?
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

No they just want proof of relationship ect pretty straight forward,how long did you wait to be told you had to do new tests?iv been a month now!
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Only a couple of days after submitting the application. I think everything takes longer with residency while with work permits they seem to be quicker processing.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

argh didnt want that answer!!i had my open visa in about a week of putting it in,i have a immigration lawyer doing it all had problems in the beginning,i know a few people now on these visas and had no problem getting it
Old Oct 27th 2009, 11:47 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshlad77
argh didnt want that answer!!i had my open visa in about a week of putting it in,i have a immigration lawyer doing it all had problems in the beginning,i know a few people now on these visas and had no problem getting it
we too were told pretty much straight away that our medicals were going to the MA, however, they did take their time in replying. Have a look at our time line underneath. Hope you hear something soon. for you.

Tina. x

Last edited by willand tina_h; Oct 27th 2009 at 11:50 am. Reason: missed some words out.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hey thanks for that,Not sure how the m/a works to be honstest,have you got go and see the m/a in person or via eamil/phone ect?im already doing my best to get my cholesterol down i might go for a test and if it comes back ok get in touch with my c/o and see what she says
Old Oct 27th 2009, 7:56 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshlad77
Hey thanks for that,Not sure how the m/a works to be honstest,have you got go and see the m/a in person or via eamil/phone ect?im already doing my best to get my cholesterol down i might go for a test and if it comes back ok get in touch with my c/o and see what she says
No we don't get to see or hear or speak to them, thats the bummer thing really. They don't know us, just going by what written on the form we were told that the c/o don't speak to them, ours said that she just sends it and waits to hear from them, would not chase anything when we were waiting ages, just said to us, i will be in touch when i (she) hears.

Hope this helps

Tina. x
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thats Pretty sh*t really i bet they picture in their head someone totally different just going on what they read and actually the actual person themselves,Did that make sence?!!?When are planning on coming out?
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:24 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

hi Welshlad
just re-read this thread and cottoned on to the fact you may need to show you are trying to lower your cholesterol.....mine was 5.6 (ok ish) but I got it down to 4.4 by eating porridge for lunch ....it can be done! You could also speak to Dr and ask for prescription of statins, you can buy low dose statins over the counter in UK not sure about NZ tho...may be worth trying?!
Also worth trying cholesterol lowering foods eg Benecol in UK not sure about NZ.

I applied for my partnership visa in UK, luckily no med probs ...it took 16 days for me to get AIP letter.... you probably didn't want to know that but just wanted to let you know it can happen !

Good luck with your application for you
B x
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks b,
I have been eating porridge like you said it lowers cholesterol i have been told by a few people its good plus im on cholesterol manager tablets they are buy over the counter and supposed to be pretty good been doing this now for around 3 weeks plus ive lost bit of wait so fingers crossed its just the not knowing what is going on is doing my head to be honest you would of thought of having my results for just over a month they would lt me know either way what is going to happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.