British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Medical results....how long do they take? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medical-results-how-long-do-they-take-542826/)

weejie Jun 13th 2008 12:45 pm

Medical results....how long do they take?

How long are the medical results likely to take after having them done? Getting medicals at 0900 ( need fasting bloods!) then x-rays at 1130. Going to docs in Glasgow. Has anyone else used them? How were they? 2 adults and 2 kids going,is it worth taking some books & toys to keep the littlies entertained?

Phyllis

teebrown Jun 13th 2008 1:11 pm

Re: Medical results....how long do they take?

We went for ours on Tuesday in Surrey, my two little ones took their DS games and a book each along with pack lunch for us all, and I'm glad to took all of it.

They have told us the results will be back in 7 days, so hopefully next Wednesday and we should be able to post the ITA back Thursday.
:D

howden40 Jun 13th 2008 6:14 pm

X-rays we got the same day in a sealed envelope. The bloods took a week, we had to collect them with the medical report. Sent all off together, registered post.

Pauline

debj Jun 13th 2008 6:29 pm

Hi Weejie....
We had our medicals on Tues, medical itself took about 50ish minutes, we went in together. X-ray super quick, in and out in half an hour.
We had a phone call today (its Friday) to say results ready for collection!
Am sure we exception to rule!

:o

Persephone Jun 14th 2008 4:20 pm

Hi

I had my medical on a Wednesday and received all the forms and blood and xray results through the post on the Saturday. I had expected longer than 3days!:thumbsup:

Sue:D

nearly nurse Jun 15th 2008 10:25 am

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 6463362)
How long are the medical results likely to take after having them done? Getting medicals at 0900 ( need fasting bloods!) then x-rays at 1130. Going to docs in Glasgow. Has anyone else used them? How were they? 2 adults and 2 kids going,is it worth taking some books & toys to keep the littlies entertained?

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis

We used the place in Glasgow (on the corner of George Square). We both went in together and the whole thing took roughly an hour. We then went straight over to the Nuffield for x-rays which took about 20 mins. Then we went and ate lots of cake and drank lots of coffee in the west end cause by that time we were a bit hungry :rofl:

The actual medical was very good, the female doctor (Bryden) was very nice, if not a bit eccentric! Very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Im sure there were some toys and books in the waiting room for the kids.

We didnt have to strip off for the scales :thumbsup:, but did have to go behind the screen in our undies for chest examination and general look over.... and no, the men dont have to cough :rofl:
P.S We had to wait one week for the results.

weejie Jun 15th 2008 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by nearly nurse (Post 6468485)
Hi Phyllis

We used the place in Glasgow (on the corner of George Square). We both went in together and the whole thing took roughly an hour. We then went straight over to the Nuffield for x-rays which took about 20 mins. Then we went and ate lots of cake and drank lots of coffee in the west end cause by that time we were a bit hungry :rofl:

The actual medical was very good, the female doctor (Bryden) was very nice, if not a bit eccentric! Very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Im sure there were some toys and books in the waiting room for the kids.

We didnt have to strip off for the scales :thumbsup:, but did have to go behind the screen in our undies for chest examination and general look over.... and no, the men dont have to cough :rofl:
P.S We had to wait one week for the results.

Thanks.answers a question I've just asked in PM:lol:

nearly nurse Jun 15th 2008 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 6469339)
Thanks.answers a question I've just asked in PM:lol:

Great minds think alike eh? :lol:

BTW, scary as in both the scenarios you suggest in your PM....is medical ward but in their infinate wisdom gave us a psyc patient along with half a dozen DT's :eek::eek::eek:

Nothing else to do but :rofl: I think