Medical Referral

Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of
Default Medical Referral

Just had a slight blow. Had email from NZIS case officer to say that my youngest is being referred to the medical assessor for a slight heart murmur which he was born with, but included letter from his consultant stating mild condition monitoring only and the panel doctor also saw it as insignificant. Currently 4 week delay on referrals!

Also, OH has slight raised Gamma reading on his bloods which may require further testing and/or referral

His job has a start date of 1 October and in light of this new hurdle feel like we are never going to get there.

Anyone gone through a similar situation and what realistically could we be looking at in further medical costs and timescales - not sure how flexible the new employer will be on the start date ???
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Referral

Hi Suzbits. We were asked for extra info on our youngest (they wanted his chest x-ray) as the x-ray report said that his heart was on the large side but within normal limits (????????? How can it be both????). They also asked for extra info on middle boy's Osgood Schlatter (which is a posh name for growing pains, really). We did this and then had letter 9th July asking for Orthopaedic report on Osgood's condition and an Allergist report on his asthma (v v v mild) and his one anaphylactic episode, 3 years ago. We were given just over two weeks to get info back to them. We decided to get our GP to write letter to save time and money. Sent everything off around 25th July and still waiting!!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

hiya

not quite the same but i was defered for being overweight, been given to 22nd october to get to suggested BMI and to have bloods re done. locl gp isnt great but bloods are going to be free, gp appt isnt though or is the letter that they write. i also had and have a job offer asmy new employer has said he will wait for me.
hope all goes well for you and nzis pull there finger out

jim and debs
Old Aug 18th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

Spoke to case officer who has advised there is blanket referrals for all heart murmurs and also my OH is being for referred for a hernia op whilst a baby!!! Apparently all operations excluding child birth are being referred?????

Surely this is creating loads of unreasonable referrals as most people who are middle aged have had something treated at some time of their life.

I can understand my youngest's heart murmur but not a routine hernia op carried out whilst a baby!!!!

OH is having new blood tests done tomorrow so results can be submitted to NZ House this week so it can all be sent for referral together - hopefully this will stop the need for any further tests - he has not had an alcoholic or fizzy drink since the first blood test.

Talk about 1 step forward and 10 back - could have been worse though could have turned us down, so fingers crossed when we hear back
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

We got an email from our CO saying that both my OH and my medicals have been sent for referral,with at least a 4 week waiting time. Thought it may happen but still a bit gutted to be honest. Have asked if he can tell us exactly what are the points being referred so will wait and see.

Fingers xd for everybody waiting.

Phyllis
Old Aug 19th 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Suzbits
Apparently all operations excluding child birth are being referred?????
Hopefully not! That would mean I would require a referral for tonsils and a tooth extraction! :curse:
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

nickandlyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Referral... aw what!!

does this process EVER reach a smooth patch???? after reading some of the Medicals threads I am now dreading getting ours done, OH has had hip replacement and iv a heart murmur due to viral infec as a child, neither cause us any hassle, but I dont think the powers that be will see it like that. I know that they want skilled migrants but have to be careful of numbers, I know that they would prefer it if perhaps you came and worked in the country for a period of 2-3 years, contribute a little to their economy, and then bug out back where you came from ( im saying nothing on that one) BUT they cant have it all ways, they want experienced trained workers, its a long way to go for insecurity, the majority want to give it all or nothing. I know red tape exists everywhere, but one of the benefits of NZ is its minimalist approach to bureaucratic bull*hit right? or do I really not know what its like after all?...... so if the powers that be DO ever take a look at these threads...... PLEASE for the love of god, try to give us all a bit of encouragement, restore our faith in Government policies and GET A GRIP on the fact that we want to come, the country needs our input, everybody is happy, dont make the process easier, just put a little common sense into the equation. Aaaaahhhhhhh I am now at peace with the world.......
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:07 pm
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

I'd refer you (sorry - unintended pun!) to my reply on the "Anyone else feel like this?" thread. Medical referrals are very common it seems, but INZ don't seem to realise how this (dis)stresses people. Feel free to PM me if you want the details of my case - and I was one of the "easy" ones as I am (a) married to a Kiwi (and for a long time) (b) we have kids and (c) I qualify on the long term skills shortage list anyway.

Stick with it - you'll get there in the end, and when the plane touches down in Auckland, you'll forget all this and get on with life here!

Best of luck and keep us posted!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scouse Dave
I'd refer you (sorry - unintended pun!) to my reply on the "Anyone else feel like this?" thread. Medical referrals are very common it seems, but INZ don't seem to realise how this (dis)stresses people. Feel free to PM me if you want the details of my case - and I was one of the "easy" ones as I am (a) married to a Kiwi (and for a long time) (b) we have kids and (c) I qualify on the long term skills shortage list anyway.

Stick with it - you'll get there in the end, and when the plane touches down in Auckland, you'll forget all this and get on with life here!

Best of luck and keep us posted!
Yikes! And I thought I was having problems with NZQA! Just wait 'till they find out I had my appendix out in 1971! Perhaps they think we're all carrying the Ebola virus or something.

Of course the irony is that your talking about a country were motor insurance is not mandatory!

Does anyone know what a 'referral' entails? I mean what do they actually do?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:50 pm
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rock Ape
Yikes! And I thought I was having problems with NZQA! Just wait 'till they find out I had my appendix out in 1971! Perhaps they think we're all carrying the Ebola virus or something.

Of course the irony is that your talking about a country were motor insurance is not mandatory!

Does anyone know what a 'referral' entails? I mean what do they actually do?
It seems to me that anything on your medical report or it's associated print-outs that falls even slightly outside the INZ ranges gets referred. As they told me, it's because they're not doctors, but why get "panel" doctors around the World to Ok the medical is they won't then accept their word for it?

From what I've experienced and heard of it, if your GP in the UK says you're Ok, you'll be Ok, even if INZ refer it. It'll just delay you for a month or so.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, our son has ben referred for his growing pains (Osgood Schlatter being it's posh name)!!!!!
Our ITA went in and received 19th May - still waiting to hear and OH has job offer!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Medical Referral - Update

Some goodish news at last. My OH new blood tests came back with Gamma GT 8 points lower than 3 weeks ago which i sent through to our case officer together with the date from our doctors when he had the hernia op as a baby.

He doesn't drink alcohol but does drink a couple of cans of fizzy drinks each day and this includes a sweetner that can raise the Gamma reading, so after not drinking fizzy drinks it is dropping! NZIS have advised that he will no longer need to be referred for the blood results or his hernia as it is 'a minor op' - good news

They are still needing to refer us for my youngest's heart murmur, but to be honest we had always suspected this - just hoping that the results from his latest cardio ultrasound will suffice. Now we have to wait up to 4 weeks to hear the outcome.......
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

nickandlyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Referral.... thats great

well pleased for you all!!!! ( and thanks for the tip on fizzy drinks, its good to know!) keep us informed of progress!!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:47 am
Just Joined

hippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: Medical Referral

oh deary deary me......
we are all going for our medicals soon - my 17yr old son LIVES on fizzy drinks... my husband managed to get through almost a whole case of beer last night - while I downed half a bottle of wine (although this is not a nightly thing ---honest!!!)
so, our gamma gt and ALT bloods are going to be way to high.... oh, and my blood pressure will be too high as well now....
so it looks like we are water and lettuce leaf diet until we go and get sorted.. it all seems a bit unfair, my eldest son suffers from a mild asthma - does anyone know if this will exclude him completely??
think me and my hangover are going back to bed now....
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:59 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hippychic23
oh deary deary me......
we are all going for our medicals soon - my 17yr old son LIVES on fizzy drinks... my husband managed to get through almost a whole case of beer last night - while I downed half a bottle of wine (although this is not a nightly thing ---honest!!!)
so, our gamma gt and ALT bloods are going to be way to high.... oh, and my blood pressure will be too high as well now....
so it looks like we are water and lettuce leaf diet until we go and get sorted.. it all seems a bit unfair, my eldest son suffers from a mild asthma - does anyone know if this will exclude him completely??
think me and my hangover are going back to bed now....
???? when we knew we were going for medicals we cut out wine and beer for weeks so there would be no problem....after that well it was back to a bottle a night...lol

but now in NZ back to drinking weekends all the good food eating out and wine was going to my waist...

well I do think im still on holiday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.