British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Medical Query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medical-query-545804/)

gazzer15 Jun 29th 2008 3:48 am

Medical Query

I recently applied for a Temp Work Visa (back in May 08) - currently in NZ on a visitors visa. Along with submitting my job offer I also provided a NZ medical report including fasting blood tests. At that time my cholestrol was deemed to be extremely high despite having three medicals in the last 2 years in the UK which had shown a clean bill of health. :sneaky:

Chasing immigration last week I have now been informed that I require further tests which will obviously delay my visa application further.

The tests required are:

My question to anybody out there who has experienced a similar scenario, what was the outcome of your application? Should I persevere with the application despite daily impact into our savings? How long should it take to get resolved - the length of a piece of string is my current estimation :mad:

Obviously, im also concerned that my future boss will eventually lose patients with this time delay. Im currently here with my OH who is also keen to start work, but waiting for my visa application to be processed in order that hers (family stream) can be dealt with.

Im scheduled to see my GP this week to discuss, but in the meantime any help or advice from you folks is much appreciation.

Cheers
    Gazzer

howden40 Jun 29th 2008 5:07 am

Re: Medical Query

You don't say how high is extremely high. David's was high and he proved he was brining it down plus GP letter stating impact and he was admitted.

Dietary changes needed No cheese, eggs, butter, should reduce alcohol preferably to zero. Having your oats helps, sorry should clarify as in Scotch Porridge Oats.

Tony also bought a homeopathic remedy which binds fats in food to reduce absorbion, I'll get him to pass it on if he can remember.

Hope everything goes well.

Pauline

Water Lily Jul 2nd 2008 2:59 pm

Hi Gazzer

Afraid I cannot offer any advice either but thought you could do with some words of encouragement...

I totally sympathise with you as I have very high cholesterol too, and was really worried that they might ask for fasting lipid tests. Luckily because my BMI is only 20 and my waist quite small they don't consider the test necessary.

It's very frustrating though, because there's nothing much I can do to bring my cholesterol down to a healthy level, as in my case it's an inherited condition.

Wishing you the best of luck with the application, do keep us posted, sending you some karma as well! :)

gazzer15 Jul 4th 2008 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Water Lily (Post 6526869)
    Hi Gazzer

Afraid I cannot offer any advice either but thought you could do with some words of encouragement...

I totally sympathise with you as I have very high cholesterol too, and was really worried that they might ask for fasting lipid tests. Luckily because my BMI is only 20 and my waist quite small they don't consider the test necessary.

It's very frustrating though, because there's nothing much I can do to bring my cholesterol down to a healthy level, as in my case it's an inherited condition.

Wishing you the best of luck with the application, do keep us posted, sending you some karma as well! :)

Just a quickie to let you know I have now had the tests required and both came back normal so hopefully I will hear back from Immigration with a positive reply very soon., Fingers crossed !!

Water Lily Jul 7th 2008 1:15 pm

Excellent, glad to hear! Fingers crossed, hope you get some good news soon! You WILL share them with us, won't you? :) ;)