medical - ms

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:51 am
Just Joined

george68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nice
Default medical - ms

i know this is a long shot but does anyone know of anyone getting in to NZ with ms.I have very mild ms and am not on any drugs.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:42 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medical - ms

Originally Posted by george68
i know this is a long shot but does anyone know of anyone getting in to NZ with ms.I have very mild ms and am not on any drugs.
Yes I do, they came over nearly 3 years ago on her husband's skilled migrant job as a carpenter - but she didn't come across any problems. Like you, mild and not taking medication. HOWEVER - NZIS have tightened up their policies recently due to the general global economic downturn, so things may well have changed now.

If you would like to have her email details I am sure she would oblige.

Last edited by Am Loolah; Jul 3rd 2009 at 12:05 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

EErrgg.
This is so hard when this comes in.

I am and was considered healthy enough for NZ but if you knew my family health background....

Look , I am sure you know that NZIS state this

Severe autoimmune disease, currently being treated with immuno-suppressants other than prednisone
MS is an auto-immune disease - and I do hate the term disease. It is a condition.

What you would need to prove is that you will not cost NZ any blummin' money to their health system .

Can you do that?

Originally Posted by NZIS
  1. unlikely to impose significant costs or demands on New Zealand's health services or special education services; and
Have a read of THIS

Hopefully the link will work. It talks about how it looks at the costs to NZ. This is what you have to look at.

Any application you make would go straight to a medical assessor. Can you show and prove that your condition will not cost NZ money because that is what it comes down to in the end. You will need to be prepared for specuialist consultants reports and a battle. Call it insurance.

A slim hope is that you are not currently on medication for this condition.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

george68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nicegeorge68 is just really nice

thanks for your replies . There may be a glimmer of hope after all.
Am Loolah it would be useful to have that email if that is ok.
It would be interesting to hear her experience.
thanks
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by george68
thanks for your replies . There may be a glimmer of hope after all.
Am Loolah it would be useful to have that email if that is ok.
It would be interesting to hear her experience.
thanks
Rightyho, I'll give her a ring and check with her. You'll need to post a third time to be able to access the PM facility, which I will use to send you her email.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:26 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hopefully the link will work.
I assumed that POSTER OF THE MONTH would know how to post a link... lol

On a serious note, keep us posted on how you get on... My friend has ms too and is interested to move down under just like i did (he works for same company) so it is of interest...

Good luck!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: medical - ms

hi ,that would be great .
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Rightyho, I'll give her a ring and check with her. You'll need to post a third time to be able to access the PM facility, which I will use to send you her email.
Have PM'd you details.