British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Medical help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medical-help-843790/)

dougaldon Sep 24th 2014 12:17 pm

Medical help

Can anybody please help me, I have got a job offer and I am applying for a work to residence visa, It will be me and my wife going out there, I am confused what medicals we need, I think I need the general medical and chest xray but not sure what my wife needs and also if she needs a breast scan as she is over 45, any info greatly appreciated

MrsFychan Sep 24th 2014 8:12 pm

Re: Medical help

anyone applying for a visa longer than 12 months has to have a full medical, all women over 45 have to have breast exam. also women need to avoid going if they are menstruating

Immigration New Zealand

moving2NZ2013 Sep 26th 2014 3:17 am

Yep X-rays and full medicals n wife needs breast exam. Also get medical history printed off at ur drs

MrsFychan Sep 26th 2014 7:32 am

Originally Posted by moving2NZ2013 (Post 11419015)
Also get medical history printed off at ur drs

thats not required for the medical and its not required to register for a GP once you are here. We got ours and never shown them but I like to have them to refer to myself

moving2NZ2013 Sep 26th 2014 7:33 am

Well our panel dr said it was a requirement for the medicals. And he is a panel dr for immigration!

Just read the medical forms that you print out.

Out of interest did the doctor have access to your medical records then?
Ours had to be printed and stamped from our local gp surgery otherwise you could tell them anything?

moving2NZ2013 Sep 26th 2014 7:50 am

What do I bring?
• This certificate with sections A and I completed, and your name at the top of each page where indicated.
• Your valid passport or national identity document for identification.
• Three recent passport photographs. Photographs must be no more than six months old.
• A list of all your medications (including drug name and dosage).
• All your medical notes and reports, immunisation record, blood test results, X-rays, scans and anything else that is relevant to your health.

List goes on...

MrsFychan Sep 26th 2014 8:25 pm

not sure if the had access to our notes from our own GP but I know we never gave him our files as I had a problem in the week before we left getting my full file as they had some pages were missing. Perhaps it has changed in the last 2 years. I know he moaned a bit that we were going to NZ and not Canada as Canada is two pages of questions he had to fill in and NZ was 4/5 pages.