Medical Examination Process ?

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Ahmed_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Examination Process ?

Hi,

After the passing the NZQA , i need to go for medical examination. Can anyone please guide the Medical process ?

How much i understand after the self study is that i have to take an appointment from panel's Dr and bring the INZ 1007 form after filling the relevant sections. thats it ?

Please guide.

Thanks
Ahmed
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 9:05 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Examination Process ?

Originally Posted by Ahmed_2010
Hi,

After the passing the NZQA , i need to go for medical examination. Can anyone please guide the Medical process ?

How much i understand after the self study is that i have to take an appointment from panel's Dr and bring the INZ 1007 form after filling the relevant sections. thats it ?

Please guide.

Thanks
Ahmed
Basically yes. The NZ panel medical centre will give you your complete instructions when you book your appointment, ie fasting, alcohol abstinence, your bank details.........................
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:42 am
Just Joined

CaRo78 is an unknown quantity at this point

So how in depth is this then? I have a 14 year old daughter, and would like to know how 'invasive' they are! I've been reading through the form and guidance notes, and its asking for dates of menstruation and not to attend at this time.... I'd just like to be prepared!!

Both of us are in good health, and have no ongoing issues apart from a little hayfever (I'm hoping NZ has less birch trees than the UK!)

Caro
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 11:16 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Caro,
Our NZ panel medicals broke down into 3 sections.

1, Chest Xray.
2. Nurse takes BMI by simple measurement, eye test, loads of blood, urine, BP readings pulse etc and asks a lot of questions
3, Doctor. We went through our tests together man and wife. ENT and eye inspection, mobility movement, on couch lots of simple prodding and squeezing.

If I was going through the process again then I would abstain from any alcohol for 10-14 days as the blood tests are quite searching.

Other than the fasting nothing to get concerned about....

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...lExaminers.pdf

Have a read through

Last edited by Stormer999; Oct 3rd 2011 at 11:18 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that..... It's one thing being prodded and poked as an adult in certain ways, it just freaked me out a little with regards to my daughter....!

Abstain from alcohol for 10-14 days....... OH NO!!!!

Caro
Old Oct 4th 2011, 3:44 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Caro
I hate medical exams and I found it ok. Had to undress down to bra on the top but no undressing on the bottom half. And no intimate prodding or poking!
The only reason I can think of as to why they suggest not attending whilst menstruating is that it may lead to contamination of the urine sample and a false positive for haematuria [blood in the urine]. So may be best to schedule away from those times just in case you end up having to repeat the test. The urine collection is done in private, you are not watched [or I wasn't anyway]!

You only have to have a breast exam if over 45 years old but apart from that there should be no other 'female specific' examinations Your daughter has nothing to worry about, it really isn't that invasive.

And yeah, abstaining from alcohol is hard especially when you need some stress relief due to the hoops NZIS put you through
And my hayfever is just as bad over here as it was in the UK....
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:02 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hi Caro
.......The urine collection is done in private, you are not watched [or I wasn't anyway]!.......you need some stress relief due to the hoops NZIS put you through
And my hayfever is just as bad over here as it was in the UK....
mmm.....can be helpful if the youngsters are not watching - my 18 month old was causing so much mayhem in the consulting room that the doc had to re-do the blood pressure when mum had taken him away as the medical would have been failed, and I've got lower than normal BP. Stress....we love it!

There are a few herbal remedies for hayfever that the locals use up here in Rodney to combat all the pollen from the trees that blows in off the westerlies. Horseradish and Garlic is the one and it seems to work for MrsL. Usual NZ thing of potions, lotions, etc
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all.. helpful replies..

Is anyone has an idea that does skin disorder or disease can create any problem ?

Thanks
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:37 am

Thanks for all.. helpful replies..

Is anyone has an idea that does skin disorder or disease can create any problem ?

Thanks
That's too vague a question. On the medical form there is place to enter if you suffer any skin probs, I have psoriasis and entered truthfully and the doctor gave it a cursory check.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Thanks Stormer.

I have psoriasis as well from last 12 years thats why i was bit nervous.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 6:35 am

Thanks Stormer.

I have psoriasis as well from last 12 years thats why i was bit nervous.
No problem... Just remember NZ meds are not really interested in your health just as long as you are not going to cost them NZ$ if they let you join....
Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice, its helpful to know that its nothing too bad! I'm only in the early stages, but I'm planning hard!

Any idea how much the medicals cost?

Caro
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:35 am
Just Joined

I am in UAE and here medical cost around 1000 dhm as they told me on phone.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by CaRo78
Thanks for the advice, its helpful to know that its nothing too bad! I'm only in the early stages, but I'm planning hard!

Any idea how much the medicals cost?

Caro
The cheapest in our area was £350 each......
Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:16 am
EdT
Forum Regular

EdT is just really niceEdT is just really niceEdT is just really niceEdT is just really niceEdT is just really niceEdT is just really niceEdT is just really niceEdT is just really niceEdT is just really niceEdT is just really nice

I think it depends on a number of factors, including gender, age, and even the doctor performing the medical.

An example, a male friend the same age as me 30's had to have his testicles inspected... I didn't..... My doctor advised me that at a certain age that males have to have a prostate examination... I seem to recall 40's?

Anyway, for me and my partner, we both sat in the same room and went through a series of less intrusive tests. We did have to take out shirts off (bit not bra for lady) and the doctor asked to move limbs to check for freedom of motion, he also inspected body for scars (signs of operations that may not have been declared I guess)... eye examination, urine analysis, and bloods.

Regarding alcohol, this was a concern for me AFTER I had the medical and did a retrospective search on the internet where the advice was to abstain for a period of time to ensure / minimise issues with elevated liver function markers. I actually drank a LOT the week before medical (in NZ) and on the flight back to UK..... I had the medical 2 days after landing back in UK. Some of my liver function indicated alcohol consumption, but fortunately all were within specification. I would certainly abstain if I knew this in advance, as elevated bloods could delay your plans.

Overall, I would say there is nothing to be concerned about. The doctors (as you would hope) are very professional, and it is all performed in a very relaxed manner. It is easy money for them really....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.