Medical Declined!!!

Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

nickandlyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Declined!!!

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Thanks for your encouragement, I will consider it, if you stop breathing!!!!!!

Karen
hi kags, there are quite a few post on this forum going back a long time about weight issues (over bmi 35 ) , what i dont understand is why did you and the other people have medicals knowing they had weight problems, as so many threads discuss this. immagration dont give enough time after a refusal of the medical to get down to an acceptable level, maybe on the nzis website they should make it clearer so people can start taking steps to reduce there weight before summiting there eoi, hope it all goes well for your family
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:23 am
Banned

techieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant future

I don't think suggesting that immigration are b********s is right. They are just doing their job.

The way I see it is that you have to do your homework before applying. If you have a weight issue then you should address it before you apply.

While I sympathise with the OP I feel more for someone with a condition like cancer who cannot apply based on that.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

wannabekiwi will become famous soon enoughwannabekiwi will become famous soon enough

Hi kags1649

I am sorry it didn't work out for you as yet.
Try to think positive.
As I have read in your previous posts you have sold your house already in the UK.
So that probably means you were one of the lucky people who just sold at the right time. You got your proceedings in your bank (assuming you made a profit).
Why don't you stay with your parents for another year or rent if you can't stand it any longer and the re-apply once you have lost the necessary amount of weight?
In one years time house prices will be likely to be much less in NZ too and you will think back and it will all make sense....
You could also use a friction of your equity for a personal trainer or someone who could help you lose weight in a professional way.
What do you say?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wannabekiwi
Hi kags1649

I am sorry it didn't work out for you as yet.
Try to think positive.
As I have read in your previous posts you have sold your house already in the UK.
So that probably means you were one of the lucky people who just sold at the right time. You got your proceedings in your bank (assuming you made a profit).
Why don't you stay with your parents for another year or rent if you can't stand it any longer and the re-apply once you have lost the necessary amount of weight?
In one years time house prices will be likely to be much less in NZ too and you will think back and it will all make sense....
You could also use a friction of your equity for a personal trainer or someone who could help you lose weight in a professional way.
What do you say?
Hi,
We sat down at the weekend and had a long chat. Mum and dad have said that we can stay as long as we like.
Sent email to CO today, to remove me from our application, so that my OH and son get there PR, and OH can take up his job offer before xmas and for me to reply after xmas, not what we wanted to do, but it is the best we can come up with.

You mention about a Personal Trainer, I do have one, I have a session twice a week them her.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:34 am
Just Joined

TOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant future

Hope things work out for you

Last edited by TOONLAD; Sep 1st 2008 at 10:41 am.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Karen

I think what you are doing is very brave and unselfish of you. I don't think I could let my OH and son go to the other side of the world without me, but is that possibly what may happen to you? Or can you go on a visitor's visa,lose more weight there and then apply on your own for PR? You are one amazing woman

Phyllis
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by weejie
Karen

I think what you are doing is very brave and unselfish of you. I don't think I could let my OH and son go to the other side of the world without me, but is that possibly what may happen to you? Or can you go on a visitor's visa,lose more weight there and then apply on your own for PR? You are one amazing woman

Phyllis
Hi Phyllis
I have been told by our CO that I will not be allowed in the country for a visit because I have been turned down:curse:

Karen
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:04 am
Banned

techieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant future

You can still visit, thats rubbish! How can they stop you entering just because you were turned down for being a little porky!

If I were you I wouldn't waste your money on their economy by visiting! Its not all its cracked up to be anyway, and why do so many Kiwis leave for Aus?

Maybe you should try Australia? I dont think discriminate against porkies so much there.

Good luck.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Phyllis
I have been told by our CO that I will not be allowed in the country for a visit because I have been turned down:curse:

Karen
Given the right of Brits to go to NZ on holiday without a visa or medical (but with return tickets) I'm not sure that your case officer is strictly correct BUT I can well understand they wouldn't want you to do that because imagine the bad publicity if you did do that, then failed to lose the weight for whatever reason or developed some other health problem (this stuff is outside our control remember) and they then wanted to deport you even though your OH and son had 'settled'.

It's a real shame you had already sold your UK house because if you hadn't, I'd say don't let them go without you.

If your OH doesn't really want to go without you, then I'd say don't force him into it for the sake of a job..another one will be along....you are taking far too big a risk with your marriage by bringing about such a separation......they should feel enraged on your behalf......and you should probably say stuff NZ if they don't want me.

They pull a great con trick on people by making them think it must be paradise here because they are so fussy who they let in. You could go and live anywhere in the EU and not need a medical at all.
Things happen for a reason..maybe NZ is not the best option for your family...why let the NZ authorities split up your family unit indefinitely? What right does it have to do that?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

I'd tend to agree with Luvwelly, things do happen for a reason. You have made every possible effort to qualify to get here .... are there other options you would consider if you are looking for a move and adventure abroad? there are equally beautiful countries closer to England
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Phyllis

Karen
Sucks eh. My son was declined visiting the USA because his visa went to appeal and he could not be there at his son's birth as his wife was in America and he was in the UK. Once they say no you can't even visit - well this is the US as far as I know. He is now there thank goodness and just got his work permit. Anyway, back to here, we had weight issues and were let in. However, we were already here on a work visa when our application went to appeal and eventually we got it. Don't give up. If it is meant to be you will get here.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shirl
Sucks eh. My son was declined visiting the USA because his visa went to appeal and he could not be there at his son's birth as his wife was in America and he was in the UK. Once they say no you can't even visit - well this is the US as far as I know. He is now there thank goodness and just got his work permit. Anyway, back to here, we had weight issues and were let in. However, we were already here on a work visa when our application went to appeal and eventually we got it. Don't give up. If it is meant to be you will get here.

Thanks
Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Medical Declined!!! UPDATE

Hi just to update you all, hubby and son have the PR I am going to reapply before xmas hopefully. Lost another 2 stone, still 2 to go.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Declined!!! UPDATE

Hi just to update you all, hubby and son have the PR I am going to reapply before xmas hopefully. Lost another 2 stone, still 2 to go.
Well done Kags, you must have worked really hard
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:39 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

So pleased for you, you goals within reach, peace of cake compared to what you have put up with (Peace -deliberate error). Always knew you would do it, had every faith in your determination.
NICE ONE

I love nothing better than to hear good news.

Pauline

Last edited by howden40; Sep 21st 2008 at 6:40 am. Reason: missed an s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.