Medical Declined!!!

Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Medical Declined!!!

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
I have read her threads and know what she has lost, I was offering advice that may not have previously been given
No worries. I'm not knocking your post. I got that you were being helpful. Thing is , I think Kags has had a gutsful of people telling her how to lose weight or why the weight went on. At this stage, it won't help. She has been aware that she could be a possible medical waiver case for several months now & started losing the weight big-time in the hope of fore-stalling this.

My reading is that she started the thread to see how she could keep the doors to New Zealand open. IMHO there is no way she could lose a further 2+ stone in just a couple of weeks . The New Zealand Immigration clock is ticking and she is asking for thoughts and ways to gain more time in essence. That's been my take on it anyway.

Question for Alifox :-

Once your medical waiver was declined , could you have gone to the Residents Review Board ? Or is that just another part of the medical waiver process.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
Maybe I should have phrased it differently. If mothers overeat rubbish, they pass that on to babies (in laymans's terms) before they are born, so of course some babies are born on the large side (usually to mother's whom are on the large side). What I should have said is : babies aren't born obese, and continue to grow up obese because of some 'gene' that apparently exists that makes people fat ! it's usually because of what the mother has been eating during pregnancy and continued to feed once the baby is born

As I said I was offering advice.
So you are an eminent scientist are you - who can definitely assert for sure that there is no way genetics are involved at all? Since new genes are being identified all the time I think this is a somewhat risky assertion to make.

Have you ever been pregnant by the way? If you've ever had morning sickness, you might like to rethink accusing pregnant ladies of 'overeating rubbish' ....what you mean rubbish like carbohydrates which make the sick feeling go away for a while?

I understand diabetes and gestational diabetes can also cause babies in utero to lay down more fat stores than usual....I'm betting the 14 pounders (how did they ever get those out?) would have mainly have been caused by that rather than by their mothers eating rubbish.

In the Dr Robert Winston programme which followed the progress of UK kids born in the year 2000, I specifically remember them asserting that a heavier baby was a healthier baby long-term.....good I thought at the time - clearly no need to aspire to supermodel status then.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:54 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

I understand diabetes and gestational diabetes can also cause babies in utero to lay down more fat stores than usual....I'm betting the 14 pounders (how did they ever get those out?) would have mainly have been caused by that rather than by their mothers eating rubbish.

Spot on the vast majority were born to mothers living with diabetes, the odd ones wern't and in those cases the mother's size was not always large.

Pauline
Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Hi Mally.

I think you'll find that Kags has already lost over 4.5 stone and is looking to lose another 2.5 stone. I've every faith she will hit the mark. Will it be in time is another matter.

Her thread here is more about how the medical being declined impacts on her hopes for a new life in NZ, than it is about her efforts to lose weight. She is already diligently working on the weight issue as she has proven by the weight loss to date.

What she really needs right now is to know more about NZIS medical waivers, the process and how they work. Following that, if the medical waiver is unsuccessful, she needs to know if she goes from a medical waiver to the Residents Review Board or what possible further alternatives there may be for her.

It would be a huge shame for her and her family , that she fights her way back to an acceptable BMI by NZIS standards , only to find that she will not be allowed to emigrate or even to work temporarily in NZ because the doors for that have been closed to her for good. In other words - she runs out of time.
Thanks Bev,
We sent in with our wavier application the following:
letter from my OH
letter from me
letter from OH new employer in NZ stating that how important he will be to their company.
Letter from Gym & Personal Trainer
GP
CO emailed yesterday, to say that it takes 3-4 weeks for a reply.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Post Re: Medical Declined!!!

Originally Posted by luvwelly
So you are an eminent scientist are you - who can definitely assert for sure that there is no way genetics are involved at all? Since new genes are being identified all the time I think this is a somewhat risky assertion to make.

Have you ever been pregnant by the way?

In the Dr Robert Winston programme which followed the progress of UK kids born in the year 2000, I specifically remember them asserting that a heavier baby was a healthier baby long-term.....good I thought at the time - clearly no need to aspire to supermodel status then.
Well said, i know this thread has long left the original track but when pregnant with my girls, on both occasions i was huge, but only looking at me from the front and side!! They were both over 9lbs, soph hit 9,12 born! I didn't over eat and had no weird cravings. All H/Vs said my babies were very healthy and the fact that my oldest was so big was the thing that kept her alive when she nearly died of meningitis aged 8 months old. Neither me or OH are obese, in fact I'm 5'7" and weigh 9 stone 3, neither are my girls. So please Mally Lass - don't spread rubbish like this when all the time new facts about genes are coming to light. All it does it upset people. :curse:

nic

Last edited by nic.gem.soph; Aug 7th 2008 at 12:24 pm. Reason: looked like i was cross with wrong person, added her name now
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph
...weigh 9 stone 3...,
Forgive my ignorance, what is 'stone'? I have seen this thing a lot on this forum, but I have no clue how that works. What is that in pounds or kilo grams, if somebody says she weigh 9 stone 3? Thanks.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Smile Re: Medical Declined!!!

Originally Posted by Want2Move
Forgive my ignorance, what is 'stone'? I have seen this thing a lot on this forum, but I have no clue how that works. What is that in pounds or kilo grams, if somebody says she weigh 9 stone 3? Thanks.
it's imperial measuring not metric! old school. One stone is 14lbs, and 9 stone 3 is just under 60kg....

nic
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Want2Move
For some reason , this has tickled me pink so have some UK weights and measures karma from this old imperialist.

9 stone 3 = 129 lbs in the UK = 58.6kg I think

Units of weights
16 dram = 1 oz
16 oz = 1 lb
14 lb = 1 st
2 st = 1 qtr
4 qtr = 1 cwt
20 cwt = 1 ton

Abbreviations
oz - ounce
lb - pound
st - stone
qtr - quarter
cwt - hundredweight
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Medical Declined!!!

hiya kags and everyone

i sympathise with you kags, i have been defered for 3 months due to my condition ( supposedlly i have metabolic syndrome, well the panel dr says i have even if my gp says i dont) this is a weight issue condition and i am awaiting direction from my co. yes i am overweight so all you fitties please no need for the abuse and villifacation you have poured on kags, but i am losing weight daily. i have lost 2 stone in 8 weeks and am waiting to see how much more they want me to lose. i am now the same size and shape as tony woodcock( all black rugby player ) im a big guy with a large frame and build, stopped playing rugby due to injury and now lack of exercise on my part has come back to bite me on the bum. keep the faith kags and i hope all goes well

jim
Old Aug 9th 2008, 9:15 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimanddebs
hiya kags and everyone

i sympathise with you kags, i have been defered for 3 months due to my condition ( supposedlly i have metabolic syndrome, well the panel dr says i have even if my gp says i dont) this is a weight issue condition and i am awaiting direction from my co. yes i am overweight so all you fitties please no need for the abuse and villifacation you have poured on kags, but i am losing weight daily. i have lost 2 stone in 8 weeks and am waiting to see how much more they want me to lose. i am now the same size and shape as tony woodcock( all black rugby player ) im a big guy with a large frame and build, stopped playing rugby due to injury and now lack of exercise on my part has come back to bite me on the bum. keep the faith kags and i hope all goes well

jim

Well said Jim

Pauline
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you so much nic and BEVS here. Now I learned something other than immigration stuff. And thank you for Karma, BEVS here.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Hi just read your thread and I really feel for you! My medical is due on the 27th of Aug. In march I was unfortunate enough to develop pneumonia and septicemia! was ventilated and on ICU for a month. Making a great recovery but still have residual fluid on one lung, We can't delay medicals so got everything crossed I pass! Its an expensive gamble if I fail as all five of us have to have them!!! Its been a pretty pants year as it is

trying to be positive about it and can only imagine what a slap in the face it is to fail when you have come so far....So hope things work out for you
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa
Hi just read your thread and I really feel for you! My medical is due on the 27th of Aug. In march I was unfortunate enough to develop pneumonia and septicemia! was ventilated and on ICU for a month. Making a great recovery but still have residual fluid on one lung, We can't delay medicals so got everything crossed I pass! Its an expensive gamble if I fail as all five of us have to have them!!! Its been a pretty pants year as it is

trying to be positive about it and can only imagine what a slap in the face it is to fail when you have come so far....So hope things work out for you

Thanks, good luck with yours.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:32 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Thanks Bev,
We sent in with our wavier application the following:
letter from my OH
letter from me
letter from OH new employer in NZ stating that how important he will be to their company.
Letter from Gym & Personal Trainer
GP
CO emailed yesterday, to say that it takes 3-4 weeks for a reply.
Well done for losing 4.5 stone omg thats so good hope everything works out for you...xxxx
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly

Have you ever been pregnant by the way? If you've ever had morning sickness, you might like to rethink accusing pregnant ladies of 'overeating rubbish' ....what you mean rubbish like carbohydrates which make the sick feeling go away for a while?
lol

I didn't say carbs were rubbish, no need to twist what I've said to make you feel better about what you eat

Yes, I have 3 children, 2 of which are Twins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.