British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Medical & Chest x-ray forms (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medical-chest-x-ray-forms-412602/)

Mandie Dec 9th 2006 12:35 am

Medical & Chest x-ray forms

Need some advice :rolleyes: , just started filling in the medical and chest x-ray form (NZIS 1007) and on the second page (section B) it says that the section needs to be completed in front of a medical examiner :eek: ...OMG i've never heard of that before, normally they want it done so examination can be over and done with before the inks dry on the cheque.

Does the doctor actually sit there while you fill it out?
There'll be four of us going for the medical (2 adults, 2 children) so we're talking loads of hanging about :zzz: .

What experiences have others had...would really like to hear how you found whole experience of medicals etc

thanks Mandie
:) :D :)

hazeandsteve Dec 9th 2006 7:56 pm

Re: Medical & Chest x-ray forms

Completely painless, don't sweat it.

dreamfish Dec 9th 2006 8:53 pm

they have asked the questions so many times in the past - your consultation will go something like this:

"So, nz?"...trails off...
have you ever?
no
do you?
no
any history of?
no
been in?
no
lived in?
no
go behind the curtain and derobe to your underwear and lie on the couch
cough
relax
breath in
out
ok stand up
bend over
go to the scales
now your height
now your bloods
£280 please
Bye!

lardyl Dec 10th 2006 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Need some advice ....What experiences have others had...would really like to hear how you found whole experience of medicals etcthanks Mandie

mmm...my tip is dont stress over it (not like us)!
was told to fill forms in before we went to save time.....
also my blood pressure was too high and it is never above normal, but that was caused by Lardy MkIII (aged 15months) sticking fingers in socket outlet and attempting to climb into a yellow bin bag ---- once he had left the room the pressure fell ---- phew.
also if the kids are poorly and you are tempted to cancel on their behalf - dont - we did and found that we should have gone ahead with the adults to get the blood tests through as they take time (14 days ish) and adults may need further tests....young kids dont and they are pretty straighforward.

Mandie Dec 10th 2006 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by lardyl
mmm...my tip is dont stress over it (not like us)!
was told to fill forms in before we went to save time.....
also my blood pressure was too high and it is never above normal, but that was caused by Lardy MkIII (aged 15months) sticking fingers in socket outlet and attempting to climb into a yellow bin bag ---- once he had left the room the pressure fell ---- phew.
also if the kids are poorly and you are tempted to cancel on their behalf - dont - we did and found that we should have gone ahead with the adults to get the blood tests through as they take time (14 days ish) and adults may need further tests....young kids dont and they are pretty straighforward.

Thank you...i'm not really stressing too much over it but was surprised when it said to fill in form part b in front of medical examiner, i've never heard of this before as you say they normally want you to fill it in before hand to save time.
thanks for advice
Mandie

leaseuk Feb 10th 2007 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 4186235)
£280 please

What!!! really that much? Do you have to pay for the medicals??:ohmy:

donnaf Feb 11th 2007 7:15 am

Originally Posted by leaseuk (Post 4388011)
What!!! really that much? Do you have to pay for the medicals??:ohmy:

Our chest x rays were £100 for 2 of us and medicals were £680 for 2 adults and 3 kids - we have managed to claim some of it back through private health insurance but not much.

caitlin206 Feb 15th 2007 5:00 pm

mandie, you can fill it all in before you go (even section B) but....... you must SIGN it in front of examiner. Cath

Mandie Feb 15th 2007 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by caitlin206 (Post 4408544)
mandie, you can fill it all in before you go (even section B) but....... you must SIGN it in front of examiner. Cath

Thank you that helps loads
Mandie :D

simonmarkellis Apr 30th 2007 10:11 am

How long are your medicals valid for?

happynz Apr 30th 2007 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4717454)
How long are your medicals valid for?

I believe the med results are valid for only three months.

simonmarkellis Apr 30th 2007 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 4718052)

thanks for that...

Mandie Apr 30th 2007 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 4718052)

what about police certificates do they expire if so how long are they valid for
cheers

happynz Apr 30th 2007 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Mandie.H (Post 4718127)
what about police certificates do they expire if so how long are they valid for
cheers

Same-same as meds. Three months from the date that the police authorities mail 'em out.

Mandie Apr 30th 2007 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 4718139)
Same-same as meds. Three months from the date that the police authorities mail 'em out.

Oh shite better check the dates on ours!!!
cheers