Medical - BMI info please

Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical - BMI info please

It took exactly 4 weeks from referral to getting the ok. See signature for timeline details

Phyl x
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:53 am
Just Joined

soontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nice

Thanks Phyl, sorry to keep bombarding you with questions, but did you have to get any reports etc from your gp before you were passed?
If not it seems a pretty long time to make a decision just on raised BMI. Blimey, they don't consider your nerves in all this do they? Mine are shot to bits already. I don't think I have ever experienced this much stress!!:curse:
Regards
Lynda x
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:55 am
Just Joined

soontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nice

Please tell me it get's easier??????????
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Had a phone call today from a lovely lady from immigration. I only submitted WTR applications 2 days ago!
She called to tell me that I will have to be refered to the MA in NZ in respect of my 'high BMI' and gastric band.
I explained that I have a supporting letter from my surgeon stating my previous pre op BMI and stating that my loss is ongoing. In her opinion, things should be ok?? She also said the maximum time for a decision is just 2 weeks. Hope she knew what she was talking about!
Anyhow fingers crossed
Lynda x
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Lynda,that sounds positive to me. I didn't need any reports from my GP luckily. And no,they don't consider your nerves. A lot of red wine consumed following medicals and the stress and worry keeps on coming but worth it in the end I hope. Don't know how I'm not a stick insect with all the stress Keep going it will be all worth it in the end.Will keep fingers xd for you. Keep us updated.

Phyl x
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reassuring reply Phyl. Hopefully, things will run smoothly from here
I bet you can't wait to fly out. We have just got to find a tenant for our house as it is on the market at the moment and no sign of a buyer - well not one without a property to sell anyway!
I may take your good advice about the wine though, lol
Will keep you informed.
Take care, Lynda x
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Medical - BMI info please

[F][/FONT]

Just had a phone call from immigration. MA has given me acceptable standard of health.
Our passports will be with us by the end of the week. We are so excited now! Just got to sell the house then, as they say "job's a good un"
Can anyone please tell mewhere I will find posts on importing cats over with us as I keep looking and not finding anything. Thanks in advance
Lynda x
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by soontobethin
[F][/FONT]

Just had a phone call from immigration. MA has given me acceptable standard of health.
Our passports will be with us by the end of the week. We are so excited now! Just got to sell the house then, as they say "job's a good un"
Can anyone please tell mewhere I will find posts on importing cats over with us as I keep looking and not finding anything. Thanks in advance
Lynda x
well done , mine has finally been passed, unfortunately 3 days after leaving the UK on a temporary visa, so I am in the process of reapplying from my PR.

Where are you moving to?

Karen
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi Karen, we will be staying in a motel paid for by OH employers for the first month. I believe it to be the Angelsea Motel in Hamilton. We will then be looking for somewhere to rent for a while. OH has a job in Huntly, so we will be looking around the Wakaito region not too far away as he doesn't want to commute too far. Any ideas would be appreciated - nice places to live, schools etc.
I hope you had a great trip and are settling in well.
Take care
Lynda x