medical assessor

Old Dec 17th 2007, 1:44 pm
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future
Default medical assessor

Hi All

This is a great forum and has given us loads of info and support.

We are now at the final hurdle having got a job offer and having our ITA in front of a case officer. However because my wife's ALT is slightly high (69), even though the panel dr and our GP say it is fine, our case has been passed to the medical assessor for comment.

Does any one know how long a delay this will add?

Our flights are booked for 13th of Feb, because I have to start my job by the end of Feb

Any one got any experience of this please?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: medical assessor

Sorry but this is "How long is a piece of string?" It may be quick but mine was referred at the end of Oct and they asked for more info. My flight goes on 27 Dec.

On a more positive note, 11,000 miles from home was in a similar position and they got their ITA today.

Alison
Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:47 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littleal
Sorry but this is "How long is a piece of string?" It may be quick but mine was referred at the end of Oct and they asked for more info. My flight goes on 27 Dec.

On a more positive note, 11,000 miles from home was in a similar position and they got their ITA today.

Alison
Actually they got their PR today.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

Hi Sean

Mine was a 5 week delay but it came back 'clear' with no further info requested. It was all a mystery really.

Each case is individual and knowing what happened to others is not necessarily a help in your own situation. As Alison has already said "how long is a piece of string".

Good luck!!! I hope yours is one of the quick turnaround cases.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz
Actually they got their PR today.
Sorry - the stress is getting to me. Maz is right.

Alison
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Izzy and Ian
Hi Sean
Mine was a 5 week delay but it came back 'clear' with no further info requested. It was all a mystery really.
SNAP - the medical referral for one of our family went into a 'we cannot check the status' blackhole in London for exactly 5 weeks too. So maybe that's the norm.....I really sympathise with anyone in this position with employment waiting for them at the NZ end....it is really stressful when you are wanted by your employer by a certain date and you need to tie up all the loose ends and there's so much you can't even make a start on, until NZIS get their act together.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sean n
Hi All

This is a great forum and has given us loads of info and support.

We are now at the final hurdle having got a job offer and having our ITA in front of a case officer. However because my wife's ALT is slightly high (69), even though the panel dr and our GP say it is fine, our case has been passed to the medical assessor for comment.

Does any one know how long a delay this will add?

Our flights are booked for 13th of Feb, because I have to start my job by the end of Feb

Any one got any experience of this please?
Sorry to be an ignoramus but what is an ALT?