British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Medical (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medical-866293/)

AndyWatson1970 Oct 7th 2015 1:15 pm

Medical

After the confusion, I have my medical booked for Tuesday 13th October, my questions are :-

1. Once my medical is completed, what happens?
2. After my Medical can i take my application straight down to the Visa Application Centre?
3. Will my application make the sift for the 15th October?

Regards

Andy

PS: I have had my application checked once by the VAC member (she confirmed it was correct, just the medical application was wrong)

MrsFychan Oct 7th 2015 7:19 pm

Re: Medical

so does the office have all your other documentation and just waiting for the medical or are you submitting all the documents together. As far as I understand if any forms are missing they do not start processing your application until they have them all and if any queries pop up along the process all work stops until that query has been resolved (well that how it seemed under the skills list back in 2011/12).
As for the 15th October would depend on the workload of the office I would assume

I see you have not responded to your previous post about what mis information you were given, if you could provide that it may be of some use to other members. Thanks

AndyWatson1970 Oct 7th 2015 8:44 pm

Hi,
The confusion over the website is that when you put in for a medical panel in the UK, it comes up with Manchester as the closest to London, when we called VAC they stated that I could download the medical reports, they told me to book an appointment with my GP and take the applications with me. I completed my blood test, x Ray and Doctors report (paid £134). When I took my application to the VAC they told me that it was wrong and gave me the address for the London Panay Doctors- I was most annoyed, now my appointment is on Tuesday 13th October, I know that my doctor has given me a clean bill of health

MrsFychan Oct 7th 2015 9:12 pm

I hope you have flagged this up with whoever told you boss as thats wrong information is going to cost people lots of money as medicals have to be done by approved centres, as listed on the immigration site.

have you checked that the centre you have now been given is on the list?

AndyWatson1970 Oct 7th 2015 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11767152)
I hope you have flagged this up with whoever told you boss as thats wrong information is going to cost people lots of money as medicals have to be done by approved centres, as listed on the immigration site.

have you checked that the centre you have now been given is on the list?

Yes - I have my appointment at a registered Doctors Panay in London