A medical \ xray Question.

Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default A medical \ xray Question.

Hello guys, im looking into the medical process. Do i go for the medical first to get completed forms then go for xrays or vise versa? as i cant see forms just to take to the xray department.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice
Default Re: A medical \ xray Question.

hi wessa

we got advised to go for medical first then for x ray but we had it all done on the same day, and the xrays are just sent to the doctor anyhow, often the medicals and xray are not at the same place.

hope that this helps

with regards

kirstie
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Kirstie, our xray dept and dctors are two different places but im sure i can arrange them to be done on the same day. Does the xray dept need to do or see any paperwork tho?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi wessa

we had out medicals and then just took the relevant paperwork from the form that you print out, the rest of the paperwork stays with the doctor and thats all, the x ray took about 5 mins, and they just send it back to the doctor where you had the medical. ours was at 2 places as well,
have you got the form that you print out from the NZIS website?? you also need 3 photos and your passport.
the medicals took about 15 mins each

hope that this makes sense

with regards

kirstie
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Our doctor wanted us to have our X-rays first. They wouldn't make us an appointment until we had the X-ray appointment booked, and the radiologist sent the X-rays straight to the Dr. I'd phone up your local people and see what they say.

Alison
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok, Alison, Thanks Girls.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:32 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littleal
Our doctor wanted us to have our X-rays first. They wouldn't make us an appointment until we had the X-ray appointment booked, and the radiologist sent the X-rays straight to the Dr. I'd phone up your local people and see what they say.

Alison
Likewise, we were told we must have x-rays done first; Panel docs wouldn't give us an appointment until we had x-rays booked and were told to take x-rays with us to panel docs for medicals.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Hi Wessa. I used to take x-rays and you will need to have your documentation with you - we're not allowed to just spray rays at anyone!! From memory (it's a long time since I've been let loose on the public) you will need the form which has your photograph on it as the radiographer has to sign it to say that it was you they x-rayed. Some departments operate 'drop-in' service for immigration/emigration chest x-rays but others don't. I'd ring your local department first to see what system they operate and to check exactly what you need to take with you.
Good luck, it won't hurt a bit!!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies but I can only find the medical form, is there a seperate xray form somewhere?.

Gary
Old Oct 10th 2007, 10:56 am
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

There is a seperate section amongst the Medical forms for xrays (needing a seperate photo)
Have another look
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

Hi,

The medicals malarky is a pain isn't it!! We Had our XRays first then the Doc checked them over and sealed them up in an envelope which we then took to the Doc who did our medical.

On the NZIS website you can print out a long form, near the back is the part you need for the XRays, you'll need quite a few passport pics in total, I just kept the form together and the XRay folk took the bits they needed and gave me the rest back.

Easy.

Hope that helps.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok guys, i have taken another look, i downloaded the forms and there is a few on it. i ve had a bit of help from a friend too (Nici). so im there now.
Ta all.