maybe trying 2nd time need visa advice

Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:14 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all
Default maybe trying 2nd time need visa advice

Right,

story is we emigrated in Jan 2006 and I came home in MAy 2006 husband loved it and stayed thinking I would do an about turn. I suffered terrible homesickness and became ver depressed. He came home in Aug 2006.

Thing is I really don't think the area we were was right, (very small hick town in Wairarapa). And there was no work for me I am a Sales manager and have managed National teams (BT), and found it hard to find work in my field. Although I am not a city girl in terms of the UK I am certainly not a country girl in terms of NZ, it was too quiet.

So after lots of money spent pain and heartache, why am I thinking I should go and give it one more chance before we get too old and the kids get to tied with friends, (girl aged 12 going on 22, and boy aged 9).
We got permanant res visa last time. If I apply again which I will have to, will I still have to have my hubbys trade certs checked again. He is a qualified electricial and also reg with IPENZ and has 12 months experience working as an electrical engineer in NZ.

We haven't decided what to do yet but think I still want my dream to come true.

Many Thanks

Jo
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: maybe trying 2nd time need visa advice

Originally Posted by JoB
Right,

story is we emigrated in Jan 2006 and I came home in MAy 2006 husband loved it and stayed thinking I would do an about turn. I suffered terrible homesickness and became ver depressed. He came home in Aug 2006.

Thing is I really don't think the area we were was right, (very small hick town in Wairarapa). And there was no work for me I am a Sales manager and have managed National teams (BT), and found it hard to find work in my field. Although I am not a city girl in terms of the UK I am certainly not a country girl in terms of NZ, it was too quiet.

So after lots of money spent pain and heartache, why am I thinking I should go and give it one more chance before we get too old and the kids get to tied with friends, (girl aged 12 going on 22, and boy aged 9).
We got permanant res visa last time. If I apply again which I will have to, will I still have to have my hubbys trade certs checked again. He is a qualified electricial and also reg with IPENZ and has 12 months experience working as an electrical engineer in NZ.

We haven't decided what to do yet but think I still want my dream to come true.

Many Thanks

Jo
Hi,
if you have permanent residency your stickers in your passport are your returning residents visa for up to 2 years...are you still within that period, if they are not within the 2 year time frame try for a returning residents visa takes away the hassle.

You will need to look to work in a largish town but live on the outskirts. We settled to work in Whangarei which is a reasonable size but live about 30 mins drive away at the beach. In the smaller towns you will struggle to get good jobs.

Maybe Hamilton, Whangarei, Bay of Plenty areas!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

You may be able to get back in on your Returning Residence Visa that will have been issued at the same time as your PR. If this has expired (check your passport, you will have either the word "indefinate" or a date), I think you will have to start again.

WOS
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:03 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WheelsOfSteel
You may be able to get back in on your Returning Residence Visa that will have been issued at the same time as your PR. If this has expired (check your passport, you will have either the word "indefinate" or a date), I think you will have to start again.

WOS
Hi, Thanks for that.

I think we will need to start again as the we activated our Visa on 10 March 2005 on a reccie for jobs.

I agree and would look either at Hamilton first if not Auckland.

Cheers Jo

Last edited by JoB; Jan 6th 2008 at 4:04 pm. Reason: usual typos