British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Master of Computer Applications is not in exempt list (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/master-computer-applications-not-exempt-list-788476/)

alwaysonnet Feb 24th 2013 7:39 am

Master of Computer Applications is not in exempt list

Hi all,

I'm trying to submit my application to new zealand under skilled migrant category. when I assessed my Qualification along with my wife, I got 155 points.

Before submitting the EOI, i would like to confirm with following things.

Experts, please guide me with your inputs.

1) I completed my Master of Computer Applications in 2003 from Andhra University, India which I don't find in the current exempt list.
2) Also, i did my Bachelor of science from Andhra University in 1999 with Maths, Physics, Chemistry and this too didn't in the current exempt list.
3) Do i need to assess my master's and bachelors degree before submitting EOI?

I'm currently working for an MNC in India and has nearly 9 years of experience on Perl, Linux Shell scripting and system administration. I find my skills are under Long Term Skill Shortage List.

Any inputs/information would be highly appreciated.

MrsFychan Feb 24th 2013 8:39 am

Re: Master of Computer Applications is not in exempt list

please note we are not Experts but people who have moved or those trying to move to NZ, the opinions given are just that peoples opinions based on their own experiences.

now for your questions:
you can only claim points for one of of your qualifications

and it does look like you would need them assessed.
have a read through this:
http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...r-immigration/

ellenarosemary Feb 24th 2013 9:33 am

As Mrs F says you can only claim for ONE qualification, if you re-assess your points this will no doubt take you under the 140 for automatic selection. Do you have a job offer? Either way it looks like you need to get them assessed, pick the one which gives you the most points (unless of course they are both the same points wise).

Decide then whether or not its worth putting in an EOI.

alwaysonnet Feb 24th 2013 1:51 pm

I don't have any job offer in NZ, but trying to apply for EOI.

I applied for Pre-Assessment for my Master of Computer Application and got a reference number. Do I need to include this reference no while filling up EOI?

MrsFychan Feb 24th 2013 5:46 pm

I don't believe you need to put the reference in the EOI but if you get an Invitiation to Apply (ITA) then you would need to submit it with all the other relevant information that is requested. when filling out the EOI on line I'm sure it will state if it is required at that stage

alwaysonnet Mar 8th 2013 5:30 am

I submitted my EOI and it got selected. But, I am little worried for Invitation to get.

please clarify below points
  1. Do NZIS deduct bonus points as master's degree is not in exempt list and put back EOI into pool.
  2. my work experience comes under 'absolute skill shortage'. Do NZIS consider my EOI, if my master's degree level comes above what it is mentioned in the list. I have applied for PAR too

MrsFychan Mar 8th 2013 5:59 am

they will look at what you have told them and make their decision if points need to be deducted, If you get through to ITA and then cannot provide the relevant information as requested/required level then they will decline the ITA. I'm not sure if it goes back in to the pool with lower points or if you have to start all over again and resubmit another EOI with the correct details

Persephone Mar 8th 2013 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by alwaysonnet (Post 10591395)
I submitted my EOI and it got selected. But, I am little worried for Invitation to get.

please clarify below points
  1. Do NZIS deduct bonus points as master's degree is not in exempt list and put back EOI into pool.

They will not deduct points for this but they will if you cannot then supply a NZQA assessment wth your ITA. You will need a IQA and not a PAR for this
  2. my work experience comes under 'absolute skill shortage'. Do NZIS consider my EOI, if my master's degree level comes above what it is mentioned in the list. I have applied for PAR too

I seem to remember reading some threads where someone had a higher qualification to the one on the LTSSL. The outcome was that they needed the specific qualification listed on the LTSSL [or one that is assessed by NZQA as equivalent] and that a higher degree was not acceptable. Do not take this as gospel though. Perhaps contact NZIS directly?

Pradkumb786 Mar 13th 2013 6:15 pm

Hi,

Did you get the Invite for Newzealand ?

Persephone Mar 13th 2013 8:53 pm

Seeing this thread is interesting:confused:.

MrsFychan and ellensrosemary both mentioned the need to get the degree assessed...
What was the PAR result then?

BEVS Mar 13th 2013 9:42 pm

I seem to remember reading some threads where someone had a higher qualification to the one on the LTSSL. The outcome was that they needed the specific qualification listed on the LTSSL [or one that is assessed by NZQA as equivalent] and that a higher degree was not acceptable. Do not take this as gospel though. Perhaps contact NZIS directly?
Yes. I also believe this to be correct.
I remember someone having great problems with this , even though she had a prefectly good job offer which she could do. The qual was too high .
Who was that?

There is something in the Q&A about this somewhere.

simonsi Mar 14th 2013 9:29 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10602202)
I remember someone having great problems with this , even though she had a prefectly good job offer which she could do. The qual was too high .
Who was that?

I remember it too, though not who it was.

Persephone Mar 14th 2013 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10602202)
Who was that?

There is something in the Q&A about this somewhere.

Scousebird:D but I think there was someone else as well. I recall seeing a letter NZIS had sent to them about it but it's hard to search for as the search terms are too broad and if I narrow them down then nothing comes up.

I got to Scousebird because I had it in my head it was 'Geordie-something or other'. Once that didn't work I tried Scouse:rofl:

simonsi Mar 14th 2013 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10603691)
I got to Scousebird because I had it in my head it was 'Geordie-something or other'. Once that didn't work I tried Scouse:rofl:

Logical sequence! :rofl:

janiejones Mar 15th 2013 6:59 am

I seem to remember it was a Social Work qualification, and the forum members had Masters but not degrees in SW.