British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   is it mandatory to get the education certified by NAZQ?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/mandatory-get-education-certified-nazq-697095/)

mehpk Dec 15th 2010 6:49 pm

is it mandatory to get the education certified by NAZQ??

Dear All

I am planing to apply for immigrant visa of NZ. I need to know is it mandatory to get the education assessed by the NZQA?? and if yes do we need to do the full assessment or just a PAR is enough!!

thanks in advance

BEVS Dec 15th 2010 7:26 pm

Re: is it mandatory to get the education certified by NAZQ??

That depends on where ( country) you gained your qualifications and if that qualification is already on the NZIS Recognised Qualification list.

FriendForEver Dec 18th 2010 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by mehpk (Post 9042474)
Dear All

I am planing to apply for immigrant visa of NZ. I need to know is it mandatory to get the education assessed by the NZQA?? and if yes do we need to do the full assessment or just a PAR is enough!!

thanks in advance

If your qualification is not exampted then your qualification should must assessed by NZQA. You can use initially PAR to apply for an EOI. if selected and you have been invited to apply then you must get full IQA to lodge your application.

robbyarg Dec 19th 2010 6:30 am

This guy has covered your question pretty good.

Originally Posted by FriendForEver (Post 9048114)
If your qualification is not exampted then your qualification should must assessed by NZQA. You can use initially PAR to apply for an EOI. if selected and you have been invited to apply then you must get full IQA to lodge your application.

foha2012 Dec 19th 2010 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by FriendForEver (Post 9048114)

Salam,

I see you are from Karachi, I am too from khi, can you tell me what are the charges for par for Bcom and what level will bcom get? Also, is it enough to get ita ?How much is full IQA?

Does a Diploma in computer science (2 year) help?

I would be thankful if you could share your knowledge.

Thanks and regards

TAA

FriendForEver Dec 19th 2010 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by foha2012 (Post 9049705)
Salam,

I see you are from Karachi, I am too from khi, can you tell me what are the charges for par for Bcom and what level will bcom get? Also, is it enough to get ita ?How much is full IQA?

Does a Diploma in computer science (2 year) help?

I would be thankful if you could share your knowledge.

Thanks and regards

TAA

Wasalam,
looking at your Nos of posts i guess u are pretty experienced than me on the forum. So i think you are very well aware that no body can guess about others case. Although i can share my experience here :

I have
BA 14 years
PGD in Comp. Sc. 1 year
MCS 2 years

and got Level 7 on register in PAR, But yet i have to receive final IQA Report.
Charges for PAR are 138 NZ $
IQA with Return of Doc Fee is 787 NZ $

But i can't guess what level they will give to BCom, U can search the Register levels details at NZQA website.

and Yes PAR is enough for submitting the EOI and getting invitation.

Regards,

foha2012 Dec 25th 2010 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by FriendForEver (Post 9049775)
Wasalam,
looking at your Nos of posts i guess u are pretty experienced than me on the forum. So i think you are very well aware that no body can guess about others case. Although i can share my experience here :

I have
BA 14 years
PGD in Comp. Sc. 1 year
MCS 2 years

and got Level 7 on register in PAR, But yet i have to receive final IQA Report.
Charges for PAR are 138 NZ $
IQA with Return of Doc Fee is 787 NZ $

But i can't guess what level they will give to BCom, U can search the Register levels details at NZQA website.

and Yes PAR is enough for submitting the EOI and getting invitation.

Regards,

Thank you for your post,

I have been around the OZ forum for a while.. NZ forum is new for me and I see you have a much better knowledge than me. After all, the purpose of this forum is sharing information right?. Could you post a link to that register you mentioned ?. I cant seem to find it.

Thanks,

TAA

FriendForEver Dec 26th 2010 8:43 am

Originally Posted by foha2012 (Post 9060384)
Thank you for your post,

I have been around the OZ forum for a while.. NZ forum is new for me and I see you have a much better knowledge than me. After all, the purpose of this forum is sharing information right?. Could you post a link to that register you mentioned ?. I cant seem to find it.

Thanks,

TAA

I advise you that you spend some money It is not a big deal getting PAR as it cost only 9000 (Approx) PKR.

You will get the actual picture about your qualification. I can not adivse you on your qualification as these are not similar to mine qualification. I get assessment for my wife she had 14 years Bsc. and 1.5 years BEd. they given Level 5 to her in PAR.

So it is difficult to find the exact equal. Visit these links and search in detail.

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/studying-in-...f/nzqf-levels/
http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/studying-in-new-zealand/nzqf/

Regards,

foha2012 Dec 26th 2010 11:10 am

Thank you for the excellent info..

Cheers,

TAa

Storm Petrel Jan 2nd 2011 1:10 am

I vaugely remember reading somewhere that even if your degree is recognised, you should assess anyway it after you move to NZ for empolyment or study purposes.

But I am not 100% sure...