Managment Accountant in NZ?

Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Amelia999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Managment Accountant in NZ?

Hi all,

I would be very grateful if you could help me out with few queries I have.

First of all, my parter is a physiotherapist who is looking to move to NZ to work for a year. He is mid way through filling in all the documents needed to register with NZ Charted Physiotherapist. I don't think he will have any problems with getting Skilled Migrant Category Visa.

The PROBLEM is me. I am CIMA (Charted Institute of Managment Accountants) qualified and AAT (Association of accounting Technicians) qualified and I have no clue where to start

My profession is not listed on any Skilled Migrant Category so I CANNOT get Skilled Migrant Category VISA

I have been with my partner for over two years now, and we live with his parents so we don't have any bills in our name. We don't have kids, we are not married, and don't have a mortgage together. All we have is a bank account in both of our names....so I WILL NOT be probably eligible for Partnership Visa

To add to all of this I am Polish, and still hold Polish passport, although I have been living in UK for the past 7 years.

My question is - shall I contact with Recruitment Agencies in NZ and try to get a job? or will they turn around and say that they need to see my working visa first?

Shall I go to NZ on tourist visa and then try to get a job? (this is the least favourable option though...)

What shall I do?

I would be VERY GRATEFUL for any advise given

Thank you so much...
Old Jan 5th 2014, 8:02 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Managment Accountant in NZ?

Hi and welcome to BE

joint account is a good start. also if you are living with his parents you should be on the council tax list so that is also proof. Have you taken holidays together?, booking forms are good. you just need to show that you have been a couple for more than 12mths so invites to parties, date stamped photo's etc. will all help.

its not advisable to come over on a visitors visa and then look for work, especially if you enter with someone who does have a valid visa to work and stay here, the Immigration people at the air port may not take it that you won't look for work which is not allowed on visitors visa although loads do do it.

You can't get a work visa without a job offer and it has to match certain criteria. If you partner is already looking at getting a skilled visa I would speak to the Immigration Officier and ask the best way for you to apply. I feel that if you can prove the relationship is a valid one and been for more than 12mths you shouldn't have many problems
Old Jan 6th 2014, 3:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Managment Accountant in NZ?

Originally Posted by Amelia999 View Post
Hi all,
Hello and welcome to BE
I would be very grateful if you could help me out with few queries I have.

First of all, my parter is a physiotherapist who is looking to move to NZ to work for a year. He is mid way through filling in all the documents needed to register with NZ Charted Physiotherapist. I don't think he will have any problems with getting Skilled Migrant Category Visa.
Are you both only planning on staying a year? If so then the SMC is for residency, other options may be cheaper. If you're both under 30 then a Working Holiday Visa could be an option.

Whether he will have problems getting a visa via the SMC depends on how many points he has and whether he has a job offer. Being able to start an application (an EOI) is no guarantee that he will be successful. How many points does he have? a

The PROBLEM is me. I am CIMA (Charted Institute of Managment Accountants) qualified and AAT (Association of accounting Technicians) qualified and I have no clue where to start

My profession is not listed on any Skilled Migrant Category so I CANNOT get Skilled Migrant Category VISA

Accounting is classed as skilled and it is possible to apply under the SMC. Do you mean it's not on the long term skills shortage list? Not being on the list only means that you can't claim extra bonus points but you can certainly apply if you have enough points.

I have been with my partner for over two years now, and we live with his parents so we don't have any bills in our name. We don't have kids, we are not married, and don't have a mortgage together. All we have is a bank account in both of our names....so I WILL NOT be probably eligible for Partnership Visa

Mrsf has given you some advice on this. If you can prove you've lived together for over 12mth then you can apply on the same EOI. One of you is the principal and the other the nonprincipal applicant. This would be the easiest and definitely cheapest option

To add to all of this I am Polish, and still hold Polish passport, although I have been living in UK for the past 7 years.

Not a problem!
My question is - shall I contact with Recruitment Agencies in NZ and try to get a job? or will they turn around and say that they need to see my working visa first?

Shall I go to NZ on tourist visa and then try to get a job? (this is the least favourable option though...)

What shall I do?

I would be VERY GRATEFUL for any advise given

Thank you so much...
I've answered some of your questions above, I've also asked some questions!!