MA Referral :(

Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of
Unhappy MA Referral :(

Hi all

I had my medical done a few weeks back and my BMI was 35 on the dot! After picking myself up off the floor I was slightly relieved to see that 35 is acceptable for INZ although I'm still losing weight because its not borderline acceptable for me!

When my medical came back it was ticked as no significant findings and the doc out a note in their to say 'normal medical examination'

I foolishly thought that I'd be ok but they've referred my medical to an MA and I'm flipping out.

One of my cholesterol levels was slightly out of range but nothing that the doc commented on.

Should I worry about the outcome of this? I know I need to get my BMI down for myself but with ref to this whole visa process, would your opinion be that this would be a real issue that will hold up the application?

I'm otherwise healthy, I've never had any health issues and there are no health issues that run in my family.

Anyone with the same kind of story?
Old Jun 20th 2012, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

James Baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MA Referral :(

I am in a very similar situation. I called the panel doctor who undertook my medical in the UK and he told me even though I had some values outside normal ranges there was nothing to worry about. I can't comment on your results but if you want peace of mind and there is some to be had try your panel doctor first who can indicate whether your results will be a worry to the MA it has been referred to. Your panel doc wil have lots of experience of this. given you were signed off in your medical I expect the worst will be that you might be asked to re-take the bloods so again check with panel doc who can also indicate anything you might try now ( if that occurs) so that you can perhaps change something in your diet to boost or reduce readings in blood. Hope this helps and all the very best!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of

Hey James, thanks for your response

I keep imgining the worst outcome in every situation during this process! Hopefully by the time they come back I'll have at least got my BMI down a little and that could make them happy
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst you yourself feel you are fit and healthy, you are at the top of the range where immigration and most health professionals consider your health to be at risk. Immigration will have seen an alarm bell ringing and undoubtedly will want to investigate further to see if you present a potential burden on the healthcare system for the future.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10569417
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

I'm also in the MA boat, but for something different. Something that I didn't know I had (issue on X-ray) and the apparent cause of which, I've never had - TB. we've so far had to change our shipping date because of the possible delays and I'm praying I don't have to change my flight date as it will be expensive and inconvenient as I've given my new employer a start date (all pending visas, but never expected them to take more than 5 weeks which is what I allowed. Also freaking out that they could deny me my visa. They've taken the fees, does that mean anything???
Stressed out. Much.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:37 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

they take your fees no matter what so that is not an indication that your visa will be approved.
I had my xray referred, something about a calcified nodule on my lung, not anything that the approved NZ doctor warned me about .
I went to my own GP had the xrays redone and they found nothing so wasn't that worried and had the thought if things needed to be looked into further my GP could advise me/them. In the end the referral was sent back to case officer with no problems.
To be honest the case officers are not medical staff and they have their guidelines as to what is acceptable and what needs further reading up on so anything that hits those guidelines have to go off for the medical and tests to be looked at more closely and the decision is made with that team.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

Mrs F, that sounds very similar to my situation. I also have some lung nodule. Was marked as insignificant on radiology report.
Can you remember how long the delay with the MA was? Panicking as I have a flight booked! And there is always a chance the visa is denied
Hoping to not have to have further X-rays. I am a radiation therapist and if the nodule isn't causing me any issues, I can't see how the GP could justify the extra exposure. Also since it didn't appear to be anything untoward.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:06 am
Banned

mike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nice

You should get your BMI down for your own health, not just to satisfy immigration!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike_fornz
You should get your BMI down for your own health, not just to satisfy immigration!
I think you'll find he knows this "I know I need to get my BMI down for myself "
Old Jun 20th 2012, 5:29 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

looking on my signature it looks like it was just over a week. The approved panel doctor didn't even mention it when he handed over the file just said everything was ok. It was until we submitted and the guy at the desk had a quick look through and mentioned it. Which is why I went to my own GP to have it checked out for myself. I explained the situation to my GP and she sent me off for an xray that day and called me the next stating their was nothing on there to worry about. I do suffer from asthma and thought it could have something to do with the steroids but she thought it was more to do with a bout of pleurisy I had 9 years ago.

I know you are on a tight time scale but try and relax some and just wait and see what they say. If it starts going into a second week then maybe call your case officer and explain your concerns.

Originally Posted by jjsebba
Mrs F, that sounds very similar to my situation. I also have some lung nodule. Was marked as insignificant on radiology report.
Can you remember how long the delay with the MA was? Panicking as I have a flight booked! And there is always a chance the visa is denied
Hoping to not have to have further X-rays. I am a radiation therapist and if the nodule isn't causing me any issues, I can't see how the GP could justify the extra exposure. Also since it didn't appear to be anything untoward.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mrs F. The meds themselves came back within a week too. It's the referral to the MA that I'm worried about.
I worry about the time scales but also that they could refuse me entry (I don't think they have grounds to do that, but they might find some other reason!)
Grrrr. Mega stressful.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 6:16 pm

I was speaking about the referral times

Originally Posted by jjsebba
Thanks Mrs F. The meds themselves came back within a week too. It's the referral to the MA that I'm worried about.
I worry about the time scales but also that they could refuse me entry (I don't think they have grounds to do that, but they might find some other reason!)
Grrrr. Mega stressful.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mike_fornz
Yes, thank you for your wisdom.

Maybe read the post in full next time.....
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

We're in the same situation - hubby's medical was referred due to a punctured lung a few years back (mountain biking - I'm sure there's irony there somewhere, he's never off his bike and pretty damn fit).

It'll be 3 weeks this Friday since his medical was referred yet our case officer thought it would only take a week and a half.

Sooooooooo FRUSTRATING eh? I can't stand the wait, it's driving me crazy. So good luck to everyone in a similar boat. We'll get there eventually.

HeatherGirl
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Any possible bump in the road is making me so anxious!

I'm already working here in NZ so I had my fingers crossed for a relatively fast turnaround. A friend in a similar situation to me had her residency approved in 3 weeks! The whole MA thing just adds to that process.

Online it seems to say the referral will take between 3-6 weeks but my CO said 1-3 weeks. I guess we just sit and wait and hope for the best outcome

Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.