MA Referral :(

Old Jun 21st 2012, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of
Default Re: MA Referral :(

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
YEY! Although the medical tests are a complete pain in the backside, at least you know you aren't seriously ill! for the cholesterol!
Yep, everything crossed!

Hopefully they'll have the results back to the MA today and then we'll wait and see what they have to say

Nice to know I have a healthy heart though Its crazy what goes through your head!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Yup - and don't get your hopes up that they will come back to you quickly even though the docs say its A-OK! Immigration has no rhyme or reason with these things!
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of

Update on the Cholesterol....everything fine, well within the required range.

Just had the email to say my certificate has gone back to the MA so hopefully he'll see what he needs to see!

Back to waiting with everything crossed!
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Miss Nic
Update on the Cholesterol....everything fine, well within the required range.

Just had the email to say my certificate has gone back to the MA so hopefully he'll see what he needs to see!

Back to waiting with everything crossed!
At least things are moving along a little.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all

I just cannot understand why our medical is taking so long to come back from the MA! It was sent off for referral 3 weeks ago last Friday. Our CO said she would email us as soon as it was back... what is taking so long? I've noticed that others sent after ours have come back. Does it depend on the type of visa i.e. work visa medical referrals are processed faster than PR ones? My husbands NZ employer will not wait forever...AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

Sorry for venting frustration.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeatherGirl
I just cannot understand why our medical is taking so long to come back from the MA! It was sent off for referral 3 weeks ago last Friday. Our CO said she would email us as soon as it was back... what is taking so long? I've noticed that others sent after ours have come back. Does it depend on the type of visa i.e. work visa medical referrals are processed faster than PR ones? My husbands NZ employer will not wait forever...AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

Vent away, not good to hold it in :-)
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice
Exclamation Re: MA Referral :(

Hi HeatherGirl

Yes, better out than in!
Id be interested in what others say, because, yes, I do agree that it should've come back by now. When did you last email CO?
I got a bit of an earful when I pestered her, so it is a fine line to tread especially if there is a job waiting!
Fingers crossed this is your week!

Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies. My husband called her middle of last week. He was all for speaking to her manager Don't worry - I put him straight! I told him pleasant and polite was most definitely the order of the day. So far she hasn't told us to bog off and not call back, yet.

I guess she could be stalling us by saying it's the medical we're waiting for rather that her doing her final analysis...

How much pestering is too much, I wonder!?!?!
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I think they do process them quicker in all honesty.....PR means you can stay forever and have full access to the health system - work visas do not necessarily mean this so they don't need to necessarily look at your results in so much detail.

Its also the luck of the draw, your case officer and your personal situation.

It took a month for immigration to process my WTR visa. My friend's WHV was expiring, she had been offered a job, she had put in for visa, was having major panic about having to leave country/not work - they granted her visa in ONE WEEK!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Caz8NZ

I think you must be right and it does make sense (or maybe I'm just feeling calmer today).

I suppose I should keep in my mind that I'm knocking on the door asking to come in - it's not my right to come in, it's a priviledge. And to have PR visas straight off would be amazing.

Still damn frustrating though in the meantime. Today is another day... and its only 09.21am!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

You will probably find your referral didnt actually go off when you thought it did. When mine was referred it turned out our case officer had sent it off, but the actual file etc only gets sent out once every two weeks, (a whole bundle together) so although it had left him it handnt left the building (so to speak). However once it did go it only took two weeks to get it back, seems like they get sent back at certain intervals too.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

Any news HeatherGirl?????

Come on INZ.....

Hi Caz8NZ

I think you must be right and it does make sense (or maybe I'm just feeling calmer today).

I suppose I should keep in my mind that I'm knocking on the door asking to come in - it's not my right to come in, it's a priviledge. And to have PR visas straight off would be amazing.

Still damn frustrating though in the meantime. Today is another day... and its only 09.21am!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it all works out for you quickly.
We had a horror experience with the MA. UK medicals were fine but my wife had a pre existing medical condition so we knew she was going to be referred to the MA. The first asessor was all doom and gloom stating my wife would most certainly need surgery, regular consultancies, expensive drugs and cost way more than the $25k maximum over our time in NZ.
Absolute crock!!!
We had her GI Consultant in the UK write 4 letters to them and they completely ignored them so we appealed for a second opinion.
We were transferred to another MA who decided the exact same outcome as the first!!! Grrr!!!
After 12 months of arguing we finally employed the services of the most experienced GI Consultant in NZ to write a report on my wifes complete condition from diagnosis to present day and as we suspected he was in complete contrast to the MA's Immigration NZ use......the outcome.....we got the Resident Visa's sharpish although wasted around 13 months over this without so much as a sorry!!!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hello folks!

Good news! Medical has finally come back - fine no problems.

Our CO has now stated that she has recommended approval and passed for final assessment! I wonder how long it will take from now? Once our visa has final approval - does it take long to get the coveted "blueys"? They already have all our passports...

Ooooh exciting! On the cusp! Mind you I have been saying that for the last few weeks

Good luck to anyone else waiting for medicals to be cleared up and thanks for asking about ours - it's nice to have the support.

HeatherGirl xx
Old Jun 28th 2012, 4:40 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats HeatherGirl

we were told 2 weeks from when they were sent off but we had to chase them for the answer. Only then will they get the Blueys in your passports

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.