MA Referral :(

Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all
Default Re: MA Referral :(

You're so lucky to be there Miss Nic! I feel like I'm living in limbo!

Good luck on making it all official! xx
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:22 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh already in NZ, the timelines here I believe are longer. You seem to be doing everything you can, some things have to just go through the motions I'm afraid.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of

I've just this moment had an email from NZIMED, looks like they want more info! If there wasn't anything wrong with my heart before, there is now! Argh!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: MA Referral :(

Originally Posted by Miss Nic
I've just this moment had an email from NZIMED, looks like they want more info! If there wasn't anything wrong with my heart before, there is now! Argh!
Although its easier said than done - try not to worry too much.

I have been through the medical process twice now for differnt visas and will go through it again now i'm applying for residency.

1st medical - WHV - was referred - but i think it maaaaaaaaaaay have had something to do with liver function as had been consuming quite a bit previous to medical and the 48 hours to clear it out of system wasn't enough. For re-test didn't drink alcohol for a week and it was fine.

2nd Medical - for a Work To Residency Visa. Learnt from first one, made sure that I didn't drink and tried to be as healthy as possible running up to it. All my results came back within normal ranges, doc signed off as normal.

Immigration however sent it off for further assessement to their MA's because one of the SUB-results was slightly out of the normal range!

Its very frustrating because although the GP's look at the results and say everything is fine, immigration look at in detail to see what risk you could possibly have to them. In my case they thought that my results MIGHT indicate Diabetes or Hypertension. Then sent me off for more tests. Eventually they realised I'm fairly healthy and i'm ok!

I'm hoping (but I really don't think i'm being realistic) that for my Skilled Migrant Visa they will look at my current medical results and my previous ones that they have already assessed and not make me go for more and more tests! YEAH RIGHT!!!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of

Hey Caz, thanks for the post. You've really been through it with the MA!

I'm trying my hardest not to panic

My CO has emailed me to say everything is in order with my application and that, if my referral is all ok, then my visa will be processed fairly quickly. So its all hanging on these tests.

I've made an appointment for this afternoon but maybe I should have waited! They want me to have an ECG and to test my Microalbumin: creatinine ratio. From the looks of it, the reason I was referred was down to my waist measurement.

I think knowing that its all riding on the results of these tests is making me even more nervous.

The same as you, the doctor signed it off as all ok 'no abnormal findings' but they referred it anyway.

If I had more time I'd try to defer and have these tests done in a week or so in the hope that I could make more of a difference but I'm on a pretty tight timeline :-/

We shall see.......
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi all

I had my medical done a few weeks back and my BMI was 35 on the dot! After picking myself up off the floor I was slightly relieved to see that 35 is acceptable for INZ although I'm still losing weight because its not borderline acceptable for me!

When my medical came back it was ticked as no significant findings and the doc out a note in their to say 'normal medical examination'

I foolishly thought that I'd be ok but they've referred my medical to an MA and I'm flipping out.

One of my cholesterol levels was slightly out of range but nothing that the doc commented on.

Should I worry about the outcome of this? I know I need to get my BMI down for myself but with ref to this whole visa process, would your opinion be that this would be a real issue that will hold up the application?

I'm otherwise healthy, I've never had any health issues and there are no health issues that run in my family.

Anyone with the same kind of story?
Porridge is the disgusting but magic substance to help with cholesterol that won't behave.
It's usual that the NZIS MA requests further tests. Of course this slows the process up . Please be aware that there are very few NZIS MA's ,so there can be wait times

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
Its very frustrating because although the GP's look at the results and say everything is fine, immigration look at in detail to see what risk you could possibly have to them.

True statement. Panel doctors simply do the required tests for the application . The MA looks at risk and costs. Panel doctors can't say how an MA referral will pan out.

Here are a few previous bits and bobs about this

This one

and HERE

Try not to worry too much. Get on that porridge and resign yourseef to further bloods.
Meanwhile good luck with the weight loss.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Appreciate the post Bevs and thanks for the links.

Ok, porridge, porridge, porridge.

I'm going today but if the cholesterol levels come back high again I may ask for a further week and a retest. Give me some time to squeeze in some super clean living!

An all clear after today's test would obviously be the dream but goodness knows what the outcome will be.

I have everything crossed and my porridge at the ready.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

They want me to have an ECG and to test my Microalbumin: creatinine ratio. From the looks of it, the reason I was referred was down to my waist measurement.
this is exactly what i had to have re-tests for. For me - it was linked to waist measurement, weight, i smoke and my dad died of a heart attack.

Luckily I worth with Health Professionals and was so worried about these tests so i went to ask my friendly nurses and dieticians what I should be doing to make sure the tests were ok.

They looked at them and said that the results were perfectly normal and not to do anything drastic. I generally follow a "weightwatchers" diet so I eat balanced meals with plenty of fish, meat and vegetables and they said that as long as I continue with that, drink plenty of water and cut out booze for a while before the further tests should be fine.

I had my ECG - nurse said that they heart rate was a bit slow! sent me into panic! she said it was fine. I looked up what it could mean - and usually it indicates that you are ultra fit as professional athletes have lower heart rates! (i'm certainly not ultra fit though!) - anyway - all came back eventually from MA ok!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:38 am
`

I had my ECG - nurse said that they heart rate was a bit slow! sent me into panic! she said it was fine. I looked up what it could mean - and usually it indicates that you are ultra fit as professional athletes have lower heart rates! (i'm certainly not ultra fit though!) - anyway - all came back eventually from MA ok!
My husband has a slow heartbeat and is fond of saying he is obviously a class athlete. Personally, I think it's much more likely linked with his dicky thyroid but I let him dream on.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

oh dear! i hope i don't have a dicky thyroid!

I told all my friends about slow heart beat and how it must mean i'm ultra fit - they all laughed!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

this is exactly what i had to have re-tests for. For me - it was linked to waist measurement, weight, i smoke and my dad died of a heart attack.

Luckily I worth with Health Professionals and was so worried about these tests so i went to ask my friendly nurses and dieticians what I should be doing to make sure the tests were ok.

They looked at them and said that the results were perfectly normal and not to do anything drastic. I generally follow a "weightwatchers" diet so I eat balanced meals with plenty of fish, meat and vegetables and they said that as long as I continue with that, drink plenty of water and cut out booze for a while before the further tests should be fine.

Right so we really are on the exact same track then!

I have EVERYTHING crossed that my medical is passed. I used to smoke and I put this on my application but I gave up about a year ago which I also told them.

I'm picking up a bike I bought tonight and will keep working on the weight.

I think I'll blame my boyfriend for all of this as a fair chunk of my HUGE weight gain has happened since we've been together!

I'll let you know how it goes

Wonder if they'll tell me I have the heart of an athlete.......unlikely!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:42 am
`

You have the heart of a mighty, fine, brave hopeful migrant which is what you need
Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
You have the heart of a mighty, fine, brave hopeful migrant which is what you need
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Quick update...

Had my ECG and they said my heart was healthy. Now just waiting for the cholesterol test results which I should have tomorrow
Old Jun 21st 2012, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Quick update...

Had my ECG and they said my heart was healthy. Now just waiting for the cholesterol test results which I should have tomorrow
YEY! Although the medical tests are a complete pain in the backside, at least you know you aren't seriously ill! for the cholesterol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.