LTBV question

Old Sep 14th 2009, 5:23 am
Just Joined

plymouth1620 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LTBV question

Hi All

Firstly, being a newbie, many thanks for all the info I have managed to glean from this fantastic site so far. My current situation is that my family and I are british citizens living in Florida where we own a property management company and pool service. We now wish to sell this business and after much research would really like to move to New Zealand, I have several childhood friends who over the years have done the move and after 20/25 years are still there loving it. There are several questions I am hoping that you may all be able to help me with. If we are doing an application from the US can we submit it to the NZ embassy in the USA, we shall be applying to a long term business visa. Am I right in thinking that we do not have to have actually purchased a business when the application is done but we have to have a good business plan accompaning the application based on the area we wish to settle in and the type of business we intend to purchase when there. Upon arrival we then have an initial 9 months visa granted to buy the business and set about meeting the "targets", after which a three year visa would be issued. What is the likelyhood that we have to attend an interview in person at the embassy? I ask this as we are currently landlocked so attending in the US wouldn't be a problem, going back to the UK could be. The funding for the business would come from the sale of our current business and house so the figures on the business plan would be projected. I would be very grateful for any information you fountains of knowledge may be able to give me.
Cheers