lost- no idea where to start

Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Justmejosie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question lost- no idea where to start

first of all, Hi, im Josie im 19 and desperate to move out of the UK.
ive just been given a Job with British gas for a 4 year apprenticship as an electrical tech.

after completing my training i am lookin to move to NZ, but i have no idea where to start. all i know is i definatly want a better quality of life for my partner and i. the UK just doesnt cut it any more.

i know we will have to get visas etc, but i dont know whether or not is it worth us getting a morgage at home before move out, if we will have only paid 4 years off it before selling up so will not have much profit. or is it possible to rent and then get a morgage when we get to NZ.

also any suggestions as to where would be a good place to start a new life would be helpful, as the only place we have looked is Southland, because it was the first place to appear on Google :P

by the way, my boyfriend is not a typically skilled worker, so what are the prospects for factory//labour work in NZ... or the fire service// military as he is intrested in both.

Many thanks in advance
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lost- no idea where to start

Hi Jose and welcome,

An ideal place to start is the NZIS website, it will give you loads of info about the skilled route or even a work to residence visa if that is the route you want to go down.

But I would start by trawling through the posts and past posts on here, you will get a feel for what is going on, and just ask away, people will help if they know the answer.

As for a Mortgage before you go, well that's a tricky one, me personnally, we are renting as we can't sell, but then again we have someone to look after the property for us.

Hope this helps a little.

all the best