Lost Application

Old Jul 28th 2011, 11:37 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost Application

NZ Immigration has apparently LOST the skilled residence application of a colleague's cousin that I know. She had been asking NZ immigration as to why she had not even received the receipt of the paid application and it kept getting transferred from one branch to another and lost. When she inquired about the application status after not even receiving payment receipt from NZ Immigration, they said that the application was being transferred to the Northern branch or so. Then she waited about another month with no status of the skilled residence application and statements made like a case officer will be allocated within 6 months or so.

Then after 3 months of being in the dark my friend's cousin got a call that her application has been lost/misplaced and that she had been inquiring for some time. Not the best news. After that they requested her to send in the docs again (i.e WASTE more time).

Another month got wasted and eventually they said that the applicant's application will now be looked after in the Northern branch by an officer and will be looked into promptly following negligence and carelessness from NZ Immigration.

Now another month has gone by to no avail (so much for prompt treatment of applications). It's a total of 5 months now without any progress.

Any advice? Sounds like a bunch of small children looking after migrant applications. Poor girl is all in the dark and had no idea where this is all headed.

I feel a lot for her. Any advice that a guy like me can give without making NZ Immigration hurt her application. I do wish that she had made it to NZ by now.

Any advice.

Last edited by robbyarg; Jul 28th 2011 at 11:43 am.