British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Looking to move and work in New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/looking-move-work-new-zealand-855132/)

GaryHolmes Mar 19th 2015 7:18 pm

Looking to move and work in New Zealand

Hi, im new to this site so please forgive me if i have posted on the incorrect thread. I do not have a certifaction of any kind (yet) am i able to appl yfor jobs in NZ on a years visa (any work) i can get. if i have just a normal job can i still apply for residency

MrsFychan Mar 19th 2015 7:33 pm

Re: Questions!

Originally Posted by GaryHolmes (Post 11596862)
Hi, im new to this site so please forgive me if i have posted on the incorrect thread. I do not have a certifaction of any kind (yet) am i able to appl yfor jobs in NZ on a years visa (any work) i can get. if i have just a normal job can i still apply for residency

err not sure depends on what you actually do and if you can uplift a visa. if you are a certain age you could get a working holiday visa but that would not necessarily lead to residency as you can only work part of the year and residency would need you to uplift a more long term visa with a job that is deemed skilled or through an accredited company.

GaryHolmes Mar 19th 2015 7:42 pm

Thank you for this ino Mrs Fychan, i do not have a trade but i rearly want to get out there. i guess i can do a years visa with me being 28 this year i stil lhave time. just curious if there was any loop holes for british citizens.

MrsFychan Mar 19th 2015 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by GaryHolmes (Post 11596894)
just curious if there was any loop holes for british citizens.

err NO

BEVS Mar 24th 2015 1:09 am

Re: Looking to move and work in New Zealand

As you are 28 you can apply for a one or two year working holiday visa. This allows you to work for up to one year.

Unless you have a skilled , qualifications or trade that New Zealand wants , it is unlikely that you will be able to gain NZ residency.

New Zealand immigration is quite a clear cut process for both work visas, temp visas and residency. There are no 'loopholes' for anyone .

GaryHolmes Mar 24th 2015 10:18 am

Thank you for this info. I will be going on a working visa arranged by STA travel. Complicated process and daunting! Possibly 2 years could e enough :-) i just think it's time I left the uk for a while

BEVS Mar 24th 2015 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by GaryHolmes (Post 11600969)
Thank you for this info. I will be going on a working visa arranged by STA travel. Complicated process and daunting! Possibly 2 years could e enough :-) i just think it's time I left the uk for a while

You cannot uplift a work visa without an N Z job offer.

I think you mean the working holiday visa. That can actually be done online via the NZIS website. It's not that complicated but it does require funds and if you have chosen the 23 month option then you will need a medical cert.

Experiencing another country for a while is a good thing. Just be mindful that you are unlikely to be able to stay as a resident. If you find an accredited employer who will take you on, you may be able to extend your stay on a temporary work permit.