Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Looking at Kapiti also Step Children advice

Looking at Kapiti also Step Children advice

Old Jul 2nd 2015, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

andy.ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking at Kapiti also Step Children advice

Hello All!

We are new to the Forum though have been browsing, picking up some great tips for months now.
It looks like my partner has secured a PhD at Wellington University so we have started looking at places to live. We have 5 boys (yes 5!) who all love the outside life. After a lot of research we are being drawn towards the Kapiti Coast area. Anyone live there or knows what the area as a whole is like?? any recommendations on schools?

Also on a different note, has anyone any experience of emigrating with Step Children?

Thanks in advance

Becky
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 12:17 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking at Kapiti also Step Children advice

I live in Waikanae so have some knowledge. what ages are the boys? as for step children, sorry not got any experience on step children. think as long as you have legal papers stating that the other paternal parent has agreed to the move then thats all ok.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jul 3rd 2015 at 12:26 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 12:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by andy.ross
Also on a different note, has anyone any experience of emigrating with Step Children?

Thanks in advance

Becky
Yes. There are some on this forum that have experience of this.

First question would be , does the children's other parent agree to the children emigrating?
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

andy.ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Yes. There are some on this forum that have experience of this.

First question would be , does the children's other parent agree to the children emigrating?
Hello and thanks for the reply. Yes their Biological Father did agree back last November to the them moving and signed a statement under oath declaring this. He is a raging alcoholic and hasn't seen the boys for 4 years. (due to the advice given to me by Social Services)

I guess I was wondering if this would generally be enough or if more evidence would be required. He is the sort of person that would change his mind just for the sake of it if he were in a bad mood.