New immigration rules announced.

Old Apr 18th 2017, 7:40 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default New immigration rules announced.

Being announced tomorrow. Apparently similar change as the nowb abolished Australian 457 visa. Which I am not familiar with at the moment.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 11:39 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: New immigration rules announced.

So new wage levels and a stand down period on 3 year visa before you can reapply. Immigration: Government to introduce pay thresholds for skilled migrants | Stuff.co.nz
Old Apr 19th 2017, 12:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: New immigration rules announced.

The article is very irritating in places as it is misleading .

For starters
Originally Posted by Mr Little
We've got 42,000 work visas being issued, a lot of them for roles and occupations that could be done by people already in New Zealand, so that's where we have to tighten up.
Oh really Mr Little. What a load of old cods. Perhaps New Zealand should look at its own 'Accredited Employer' list & the way it facilitiates certain employers a complete free rein in who they employ IF they pay for that privilege.

Actually all other employers have to prove there is no NZ resident or citizen that could take up their vacancies. Also your own Dept of Labour creates the shortages lists & it conducts the test if a vacancy is being filled by an overseas person but the occupation is not on the shortage lists.

You want to tighten up? Make all employers pass the Dept of Labour test for each and every vacancy. Except you won't will you coz that would naff off certain large scale employers and for others it would stuff them for the cheaper overseas labour they want.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 12:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Woodhouse also announced a one-off "pathway to residence" for about 4000 long-term, temporary migrant workers and their families living in the South Island.
The workers had filled genuine shortages and become well-settled, but had no pathway to residence under current migration settings.
Eligible migrants could receive an initial Work to Residence temporary visa, and could apply for residence two years later provided they stayed in the same industry and region.
"Many of these migrants are already well settled in New Zealand and make a valuable contribution to their communities. The requirement to remain in the same region for a further two years after being granted residence ensures that commitment to the region continues," Woodhouse said.
One word for this. Bondage.

NZ actively sought and encouraged these workers to come to Canterbury and Xch as NZ did not have enough skilled people to do the rebuild . Why? Because its own homegrowns did not want to work for the pay and conditions. Because the youth coming up did not want & still do not want to be apprenticed.
So what did you do NZ? Why you sent out Hays and the like on roadshows to deliberately attract the workers you desperately needed in. Except for one thing matey. No fair play. Many found themselves on salaries just under the eligibility level for residency. Many found themselves under your own 'accredited employers' on renewable short term contracts with wages to match and no pathway to residency . Others not considered 'skilled' but which any rebuild might have stalled without them ( fork lift drivers/hgv etc) for themselves also with no pathway to residency.
Many have already been here years and have done their time in good faith ! Do not bond them further . They are not 2nd class people for you to use and abuse. Give them their path to remain right now. Bluddy well disgraceful.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

I may actually benefit from the new SMC points system when it come in august..I will lose points for the family over there but looks like I will gain them for my work experience and age. Still would like to apply before august though, at least I know where I stand at the moment.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Theshrews81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here. I am mid 30's so the change may mean I can look for jobs in Auckland now as well as the whole of NZ.

Only issue will be if wife needs her own working visa...
Old Apr 21st 2017, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment there is no word about changing how family are represented on your application...make it seem even more essential to go for residency straight away as the goal posts are ever moving
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

So am I right in thinking that as I would earn a minimum of 50k I'm classed as a skilled worker and therefore if I have to come over on a temporary visa(talent accredited employer) then my mrs and kids could still come over as the change in policy (for now) only applies to "low skilled" workers on temporary visas.....or are the family right royaly stuffed