Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Agent recommendation and initial assessment

Agent recommendation and initial assessment

Old Jan 16th 2018, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default Agent recommendation and initial assessment

Hi,

This is regarding my sister and her family who wish to migrate New Zealand on skilled immigration visa.

I've divided this post into two parts to avoid confusion. Part I: Agent recommendation Part II: Initial Assessment

Part I: Agent recommendation
I've searched this forum and generally its recommended to process visa application by yourself and avoid going through the agent until the case is complex.

My sister's case is not complex (as far as I think). But she wants to process through the agent for several other reasons (time is not the only problem with her).

Having said that does anyone know/recommend (tried & tested) any other agent except the below two?

Lane Neave
Peter Croxson

Part II: Initial Assessment
I'm mentioning here brief details of my sisters family and request to please give your initial assessment of her chances of getting skilled migration visa.

-----
Husband details:
  • Education: Total 16 years (which includes 2 years Bachelors (Commerce) and 2 years Master (MBA))
  • Work exp: 13 years (Worked as Accountant in firms and banks, the last job resigned Dec 2017)
  • Employment: Not currently employed (Looking for job)
  • English: Will go for English exam, if required for immigration points)

Wife details:
  • Education: Total 17 years (which includes 2 years Bachelors (Computer Science) and 3 years Master (MBA))
  • Work exp: 8 years and 4 months (Worked as Software Engineer/Developer in software house and bank, the last job resign Nov 2009)
  • Employment: Not currently employed (Looking for job)
  • English: Will go for English exam, if required for immigration points)

Child: Have 1 child of 1 year age.

Few queries:

Who could be the main applicant, husband and wife and what are there chances?

I've done the point calculation for her husband and I got below. Although I'm not sure of for the Level of Education, so I guessed Level 7-8 for both husband and wife. Request to please review below.
  • Education: Level 7-8: 50 points
  • Exp: over 10 years: 50
  • Partner Education: Level 7-8: 10 points
  • Total: 130 points

Many thanks.

Looking for some initial help here to start with.

Peace!
Old Jan 16th 2018, 5:51 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agent recommendation and initial assessment

Hi,

agent will only make the process slower as they will act as a middle man some questions from CO would have to go through them first, then to your sister, back to agent then onto CO, the application is not processed any quicker by the CO just because someone is using an agent, if the criteria does not fit it just does not fit.

With that score of 130 there is no way they would be selected to apply. Accountant is on the skill level classification so you would need to get a job offer (he may need to get registration to be able to work) and then dependant on salary if he could bring anyone with him.

Software Engineer is on the Skill Level and Long term skill shortage(this would be easier to get a visa for the whole family) but as your sister has been out of the work place for such a long time I feel she would be overlooked IMHO.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you MrsFychan for your reply.

I agree with you on agent's option. I myself have done the complete skilled migration to Australia. I went through all the referenced booklets and ended up having more points than the required.

However, as I said, there are some factors due to which she can't do herself and therefore she is looking for some reliable agent. She is ready to invest and she can afford the time delay (which you mentioned) that would happen due to the agent's involvement.

You have a good background in NZ immigration and I hope you know some reliables agents as well who has been tested, tried and referred before in this forum.

If you know anyone including the two I mentioned (Lane Neave and Peter Croxson), then kindly share their names. It will be highly appreciated.

For her chances (130 points), she needs to explore how they can improve their points, what other factors can influence their application and points as well. Maybe a good agent's initial assessment and consultation could help here.

Many thanks.
Peace!

Last edited by peace19; Jan 16th 2018 at 9:26 am.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 10:36 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

No need to guess at the qualification points, the points indicator will show you which qualifications <and from which valid institutions> will qualify for the points. You haven't stated the nationalities involved but for instance Indian-issued software degrees have been the subject of much faking in recent years leading to Immigration New Zealand being very strict due to the >50% rejection rate.

Apply the criteria as per the immigration website, involving an agent sounds great but won't increase the qualification points if the qualification and institution are not listed.

Agree that 8yrs out of the workforce is a long time, especially in IT.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much simonsi. Really appreciate your response.

Their education is from Pakistan and hold's the passport from the same country as well. Their degree is from Govt. recognized institution and could be attested as well, if required.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 9:19 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately Pakistan is not a comparable labour market so they cannot claim experience for any roles there unless it was with a multinational country and is domiciled in comparable labour countries
Old Jan 17th 2018, 5:32 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peace19
Their degree is from Govt. recognized institution
Just a heads up...There are <no> qualifications from <any> institution in Pakistan that are already recognised and exempt from NZQA assessment. It doesn't matter if the qualification is from a Pakistani-Govt recognised institution, it needs to be NZ Immigration recognised.

Not good, it places both the Qualifications 50pts and the Work Experience 50pts you have included at risk IMHO.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you MrsFychan and simonsi for your replies.

Their work experience is mainly from United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). Is this also not accepted?

I've few ex-colleagues in NZ who migrated to NZ on Skilled Migration Visa and their qualification is from Pakistan and their work experience is from both Pakistan and U.A.E.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 5:31 pm
It is what it is Member

Their work experience is mainly from United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). Is this also not accepted?
No. UAE isn't on the list either.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/form...ork-experience
Old Jan 19th 2018, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you simonsi for your response.

When you say Pakistan and U.A.E are not on the list, do you mean qualifications and work experience from both of these countries are not acceptable by NZ Immigration?
Old Jan 19th 2018, 1:50 am
It is what it is Member

Thank you simonsi for your response.

When you say Pakistan and U.A.E are not on the list, do you mean qualifications and work experience from both of these countries are not acceptable by NZ Immigration?
Correct, see here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm

Any qualifications would need assessment, neither country is a comparable labour market for experience purposes.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by simonsi
Correct, see here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm

Any qualifications would need assessment, neither country is a comparable labour market for experience purposes.
Thank you simonsi once again for your continued response.

This means they would require assessment of their qualification from some NZ approved body? And is it the same for work experience or there is no assessment of work experience and it simply does not count?

Peace!
Old Jan 19th 2018, 2:16 am
It is what it is Member

This means they would require assessment of their qualification from some NZ approved body? And is it the same for work experience or there is no assessment of work experience and it simply does not count?
Qualifications would need assessing by the NZQA - Home ยป NZQA

No the work experience cannot be claimed unless, as Mrs Fychan stated above, they were working for a multinational company based in one of the countries that do have a comparable labour market.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much simonsi for the clarification.

Really appreciate your time, efforts, and prompt responses.

Stay blessed!

Peace!