looking for advice

Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

ecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant future
Default looking for advice

hi everyone ,
loking for some advice really, i am a truck driver and my partner is a chef and we are keen to emigrate to nz whats the best way to do this , i was thinking of following my heart an jusy going there with all the cash ive got an hoping for the best an sort out all the immigration paperwork there.please advise .....thanks

Last edited by ecalperif; Jun 4th 2008 at 9:20 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: looking for advice

Originally Posted by ecalperif
hi everyone ,
loking for some advice really, i am a truck driver and my partner is a chef and we are keen to emigrate to nz whats the best way to do this , i was thinking of following my heart an jusy going there with all the cash ive got an hoping for the best an sort out all the immigration paperwork there.please advise .....thanks
Hi
There have been lots of posts on here by me and others re NZIS rules on truck driving and unfortunately to date i dont think they have changed. Hope all goes well.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

ecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant future
Red face Re: looking for advice

hi there thanks for any replys an info....me and my partner went down to nzimmigration in london and didnt get many answers whether the guy was having a bad day or what..just got frosty answers..had day out in london though...erm if wondering about user name i was looking at fireplace while trying to think of one ...
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Smile Re: looking for advice

hi there thanks for any replys an info....me and my partner went down to nzimmigration in london and didnt get many answers whether the guy was having a bad day or what..just got frosty answers..had day out in london though...erm if wondering about user name i was looking at fireplace while trying to think of one ...
"ecalperif"

that certainly made me laugh, shows some thought process, unlike mine!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

oh i forgot to ask, what are the rules on truck driving? my OH does that at the moment although for PR we're going on him being a mechanic. (16 out of last 18 years)

nic
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph
oh i forgot to ask, what are the rules on truck driving? my OH does that at the moment although for PR we're going on him being a mechanic. (16 out of last 18 years)

nic
Truck driving is work visa only - usually 3yrs and renewable if there is still a shortage.
Mechanic is PR - if you don't have high enough qualification can still get in on work experience.
Hubby got in on agricultural mechanic with city and guild qualification (think there level 3) plus 20yrs experience.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

hi folks

i was thinking it would be better to go to nz on 3 year temp visa as hgv driver until my partner gains a position as a chef then go down the route to permanent residency is this possible to do that?

thanks for any replys...
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph

nic
hi
i know that a class 1 licence is a class 5 in nz and that it is listed as a immediate skills shortage on the nzi website...
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of

hi
i know that a class 1 licence is a class 5 in nz and that it is listed as a immediate skills shortage on the nzi website...
log books no tachos.work max 5.5 hours 30 min break.driving hours not recorded anymore just work time.max 14 hour days.10 hours daily rest.min 24 hours break after 6 days work.thats about the crux of it.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

sounds reasonable...dont mind hours/shed trucks an not coming home used to that. is there still a demand in nz for truck drivers?just fancy getting out there an cracking on ..shall i?/shall i not? dont want to live in regret:
Old Jun 8th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of

sounds reasonable...dont mind hours/shed trucks an not coming home used to that. is there still a demand in nz for truck drivers?just fancy getting out there an cracking on ..shall i?/shall i not? dont want to live in regret:
truck drivers are in demand in every part of NZ.the process of getting a work visa is not a quick and cheap one.only you can make the decision
Old Jun 11th 2008, 1:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

hi everyone ,
loking for some advice really, i am a truck driver and my partner is a chef and we are keen to emigrate to nz whats the best way to do this , i was thinking of following my heart an just going there with all the cash ive got an hoping for the best an sort out all the immigration paperwork there.please advise .....thanks
Hi guys.

A belated welcome to the forum. Have some karma .

Chef is on the Long Term Shortage List, so provided your partner has the standards required you would be able to make an application for Permanent Residency under the Skilled Migrant Category based on her skill and occupation.

[anszco occupation 351311. skill level 4 & looks like they like 5 yrs exp]

Have you tried the Points Indicator at all yet? Maybe you would have enough points to apply without a job offer under your partners Chef skills.

If you have been in your relationship with your partner for a couple of years and can prove it is ongoing and stable , you would be able to also apply for Pr on the back of her application.

It would be the same if she finds work as a chef . She would apply for a temporary work permit as a chef and you would also apply on the back of her application. Yours would be an open work permit allowing you to take up any work, HGV or otherwise.

It may be that your partner will need to have her catering qualifications assessed by NZQA. Go for a PAR in the first instance.

As for HGV. This will not lead to Permanent Residency at this time, unless you can find an accredited employer willing to pay you $55K a year. However, if you come to NZ and you find work as a HGV driver before your partner finds work as a chef, then you could apply for a temporary work permit to keep you here living and working. Your partner would gain an open work permit on the back of your application.

Once she had employment as a chef and provided her qualifications check out, then you would both go for PR under her chef skill

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 11th 2008 at 1:53 am.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

hi
thanks for the advice bevs here . we are considering going to nz in december( best time to go?). also i have been told that it is best to use one of the many emmigration groups that advertise at the moment to help us with emmigrating do you think thats best ? if you do can you recommend one or can we do it alone? your help is appreciated many thanks....
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

No. December is not the best time to come to NZ . Come after December around mid-January after the Christmas wind down and shut down. Or come November.

also i have been told that it is best to use one of the many emigration groups that advertise at the moment to help us with emigrating
Who exactly told you this ? it is best to do what is right for you.

can we do it alone?
Yes. If you have the will .

You haven't stated what quals your partner holds . There are many. Did she do an apprenticeship. HNC ; NVQ - which certs. does she hold.

You also didn't say what points you got from the Points Indicator. What points did you get?

Contact Hospitality NZ

Talk to these people. Chef Association of NZ

Old Jun 14th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

hi
thanks for reply bevs here...will have a look on the web sites suggested.. did a quick calculation of points on the points indicator looked about 130...partner has 706 part 1&2 nvq 2...was told to use a agent because the paperwork was overwhelming an that was at the nz emmigration expo in earls court london....many thanks for your help bevs here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.