A long process for SMC

Old Jan 14th 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default A long process for SMC

...without a job offer.

Well we have the medical results back and all looks okay.Phew!!
My cholesterol is a bit high (and there's a lot of stars by the blood tests but Dr isn't worried about them) the Dr suggested I go to see GP. Wonder if that'll affect visa?

Hubby and I have spent this w/e putting all the paperwork together and hope to take it to London NZIS this week.

Any helpful advice about work experience, proof of marriage etc gratefully accepted.

NZIS website says we'll have a 4 month wait for CO, followed by up to 2 months to see a visa in passport. (We've already waited 3 mths for EOI-->ITA plus a month waiting for police checks etc. )

It looks like it'll be about a year from start to finish IF all goes smoothly. I know the CO could throw things at us so I'm wondering if Aug/September would be a reasonable time to expect a visa?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: A long process for SMC

Originally Posted by helinuk
...without a job offer.

Any helpful advice about work experience, proof of marriage etc gratefully accepted.
I know the CO could throw things at us so I'm wondering if July/Aug/September would be a reasonable time to expect a visa?
Neither of us could get to sleep last night with loads of questions in our minds! For instance , hubby is supposed to give 3 months notice at work, it's risky giving it before the visa is given but if we wait around for visa then hand in notice that would delay us and push the move to Oct/Nov . Is there anyone on here who has juggled the timing issues?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A long process for SMC

Originally Posted by helinuk
...without a job offer.

My cholesterol is a bit high (and there's a lot of stars by the blood tests but Dr isn't worried about them) the Dr suggested I go to see GP. Wonder if that'll affect visa?

Hubby and I have spent this w/e putting all the paperwork together and hope to take it to London NZIS this week.

NZIS website says we'll have a 4 month wait for CO, followed by up to 2 months to see a visa in passport. (We've already waited 3 mths for EOI-->ITA plus a month waiting for police checks etc. )

It looks like it'll be about a year from start to finish IF all goes smoothly. I know the CO could throw things at us so I'm wondering if Aug/September would be a reasonable time to expect a visa?
re proof of marriage . bills, photos, invitations(weddings etc), certificates, sorry brain not working too well at mo , but we sent photos of us at friends wedding (offical ones) photos at lands end, our wedding photos, family portaits, basically 'offical' type stuff & stuff with dates on where poss.
as for work exp. hubs spoke to his manager (they got on well & he was informed of whole process) & he wrote a letter regarding work exp on official headed work paper

i'll get back to you if i think of anything else but hubs did it all (lucky me!!)
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poppets
re proof of marriage . bills, photos, invitations(weddings etc), certificates, sorry brain not working too well at mo , but we sent photos of us at friends wedding (offical ones) photos at lands end, our wedding photos, family portaits, basically 'offical' type stuff & stuff with dates on where poss.
as for work exp. hubs spoke to his manager (they got on well & he was informed of whole process) & he wrote a letter regarding work exp on official headed work paper

i'll get back to you if i think of anything else but hubs did it all (lucky me!!)
Thanks Poppets- I meant to look the photos out!
Probs- I don't think hubby wants to bring the boss up to date yet. He knew about, and gave him a reference, when he applied for a job in OZ though, so I know he'll ask eventually!- As we are probably still 7 months away from getting a visa hubby is a bit cautious about saying anything too soon!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:27 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

i was under the impression that once you get the visa you havent got to move straight away - so you could hand in your notice once you get the stamp. depends how much of a rush you are in to move?

i supplied photos of dp and i, photos of us in hospital with new babies, cards that have been sent to all of us, utility bills over the years from various houses, statements from family and friends and ex-colleagues who confirmed we have been together for 6yrs (we are not married, but i hear you have to supply a ll this in addition to your certificate)

hth! kate
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:15 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
i was under the impression that once you get the visa you havent got to move straight away - so you could hand in your notice once you get the stamp. depends how much of a rush you are in to move?

i supplied photos of dp and i, photos of us in hospital with new babies, cards that have been sent to all of us, utility bills over the years from various houses, statements from family and friends and ex-colleagues who confirmed we have been together for 6yrs (we are not married, but i hear you have to supply a ll this in addition to your certificate)

hth! kate

You have a certain amount of time to activate your visa once its issued tho'. Not sure what it is on SMC
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:40 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
You have a certain amount of time to activate your visa once its issued tho'. Not sure what it is on SMC
exactly - its about 18months or summit - with no job offer, so i have heard..... dont tell me it isnt. please.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:53 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

exactly - its about 18months or summit - with no job offer, so i have heard..... dont tell me it isnt. please.

Honestly don't know the answer Somebody else might tho' or look on NZIS if not. Didn't mean to worry you
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Honestly don't know the answer Somebody else might tho' or look on NZIS if not. Didn't mean to worry you
Thanks guys- no it's us who want to move by Sept-Oct. simply cos we thought it would be easier to find a rental in spring rather than summer.
And I'm impatient ! I have wanted to be down under for 3 yrs- another 6 months seems ages!
cheers
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

hth! kate
thanks Kate, the baby photos and statements- will have to work on