Lodging ITA in NZ

Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Victoria-Wayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lodging ITA in NZ

I wonder if anyone can help?

We have received our ITA today.. yippee!!! The thing is we are travelling to NZ on visitors visa on Sep 3rd (return flights) and hoping we can get hubby a teaching job whilst there and avoid returning. Can we lodge our ITA in NZ rather than sending it to London? Are there different processing times? Heard that if you get a job before PR granted then they can either speed it up or issue temp work permit?

Any help much appreciated!

Vicky
Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Lodging ITA in NZ

Please help?? Don't know what to do??
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:08 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I can answer you. obviously you don't want to ask NZIS as you can't really admit that you plan not to leave NZ!! Having said that they may well know that you have an ITA and PR application when you arrive! I planned to go over last year for a temporary visit assuming that I would not have received a visa by then. I was surprisingly granted PR before I left the UK but did not have enough time to get the blue stickers or change my plans so I went over-was very surprised to check up on NZIS website whilst in NZ and find my visitors permit listed there along with my PR approved in principle
Maybe wait and see if you get a job offer and then approach NZIS about whether you can send it into a NZ office?? Hopefully someone else has done this and can help more
Sue
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Sue!!

Been a bit hectic here, we got married on Sunday and now have only 9 days left to sort everything before we leave!! Think we may pop into Welly and ask if can lodge ITA there and tell them we on job hunt/honeymoon trip and then if get a job offer in meantime go back and ask for their advice on temp work permit situation???

Alternatively we could send it before we go. We have given my mum's address as postal address so she could just send stickers over but then there is the whole telephone interview dilema? Wanted to just get out there as it seems very difficult to arrange teaching jobs from UK - heard it's better when you there.

Vicky x